Weekly. Challenge- Mr Sulu, you have the con

So first, here is the beast i am using. The X-M1 with a Minolta 35-70mm macro

3c4DwVI.jpg

This shot was done with:
35mm focused to near full macro.
1/125th, ISO 100, spot flash.

Everything manual, because I have no auto functions with the lens on.
Contrast up a bit but that's about it.

iOn4XNe.jpg

no adjustments.
1/125th ISO 100. 75mm set to macro.
eYLvl9c.jpg

Highlights down a spot, tiny contrast adjustment.
1/125, ISO 100
35mm Macro focus.
kDNSNJy.jpg

One of the nice things about my X-T1 and X-T3 is the ability to use older lenses. Of course like the Helios used in the photo below, everything is manual from focusing to choosing the aperture. Thank heaven for focus 'peaking' assist or my aging eyes would never be able to use these lenses. My X-T1 generally has the Helios on it, this time even with a #2 extension tube. I think this was shot at f/4.0.
I'm about 16 days into a 30 day free trial of Capture One. All sliding was done manually. I even painted in masks so adjustments happened where I wanted.

49555427457_7eed1c5054_b.jpg

throwing a slider

I had gone out this evening thinking I was going to be so unique and clever to get some shots for gk's black and white 'round' challenge. After editing and going to that thread I discovered that I was not unique and not so very clever, with gk and Sharon posting phenomenally cool images using their lenseballs! If you folks haven't yet, you should go see them.

One of the nice things about my X-T1 and X-T3 is the ability to use older lenses. Of course like the Helios used in the photo below, everything is manual from focusing to choosing the aperture. Thank heaven for focus 'peaking' assist or my aging eyes would never be able to use these lenses. My X-T1 generally has the Helios on it, this time even with a #2 extension tube. I think this was shot at f/4.0.
I'm about 16 days into a 30 day free trial of Capture One. All sliding was done manually. I even painted in masks so adjustments happened where I wanted.

49555427457_7eed1c5054_b.jpg

throwing a slider

I had gone out this evening thinking I was going to be so unique and clever to get some shots for gk's black and white 'round' challenge. After editing and going to that thread I discovered that I was not unique and not so very clever, with gk and Sharon posting phenomenally cool images using their lenseballs! If you folks haven't yet, you should go see them.

Definitely clever even if not first! I agree focus peaking is my favorite feature on the Xt2.

That’s a cool photo. I like how you have something close and something far away. The lens ball is tricky to get something where you can tell what it is even when looking on the small screen of a phone.

I'm absolutely no fan of focus peaking and never use it, but that may be because this system isn't as perfect in the Fuji X-E1 model (launched 2012) as with newer models...or there is something wrong with my eyes, of course that's also a possiblility.
No, it can't be our eyes! Say it isn't so!! :)
Even with peaking I have to shoot quite a few exposures hoping to get that narrow slice of focus when at f/4 or worse yet, f/2. Thank heaven it's digital not film.

Nice shot.

Ill take the peak highlight, but it can use adjustments.

Just slower on focus and forces me to think of the shot

Some cat shots with a Cosina 55 1.2, all manual. Many of my lenses are old Pentax K and M and 3rd party manual lenses.

They will watch trail cam footage for hours.

Most reactions

Back