Welcome to 2 Guns!

jmandell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a shot from the old ghost town of 2 Guns, Arizona. It is just of I-40 about 35 miles from Flagstaff. There is an old part with stone ruins from the 1800s and a more modern part.

$DSC_8828-2.jpg

I'd be interested in what you guys think of this. I feel like it is a pretty strong image, but I'm not entirely sure it works for some reason. I think that part of what I don't like is that the sign covers up part of the barn, but we were on a tight schedule and just shot from the car.

The sign makes the picture for me.
Minor points for improvement:

• Perhaps if you were a few feet to the right it the sign would have been better separated from the building.
  • The horizon is exactly half way down the picture - conventional wisdom would have it that such a placement only works in a square crop - so you could crop some of the foreground.
  • A different B&W conversion might have made the sign stand out from the vegetation a bit more clearly, too.
  • If it were mine I'd have liked to have both the sign and house in focus rather than the shrubs at bottom left

The sign makes the picture for me.
Minor points for improvement:

• Perhaps if you were a few feet to the right it the sign would have been better separated from the building.
  • The horizon is exactly half way down the picture - conventional wisdom would have it that such a placement only works in a square crop - so you could crop some of the foreground.
  • A different B&W conversion might have made the sign stand out from the vegetation a bit more clearly, too.
  • If it were mine I'd have liked to have both the sign and house in focus rather than the shrubs at bottom left

I'm not sure what you mean by having both the sign and barn in focus (they both seem in focus), but I do agree that the shrub kinda detracts from the image.

Most reactions

Back