We'll get to your car right after "The Shadow" is over . . . "

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Gilmore's used to own gas stations in California, and one of theirs is preserved where the Farmers Market now resides. I used "The Shadow" in my title for a better recognition factor, I would have liked to use "The Whistler," which is a far better show and was on for at years and has faded from the public consciousness. For anyone who wants to try some old time radio, I recommend searching for Radio Echoes. It has an incredible array of shows, including British, South African and Canadian as well as American. It is free, has no ads, and is clearly a labor of love. And now back to
the Forum . . .

DSC_2273.jpeg

Cool! I want a phone like that. I already have a couple of repro vintage phones I got years ago, but what's one more? I love old movies so I ought to check out the old radio shows too.

I know The Whistler series of movies, they've been shown on TCM. But then, The Shadow does know...

Cool! I want a phone like that. I already have a couple of repro vintage phones I got years ago, but what's one more? I love old movies so I ought to check out the old radio shows too.

I know The Whistler series of movies, they've been shown on TCM. But then, The Shadow does know...
I've not seen the whistler movies, but I'll try to find them on Netflix or Prime. I've been going through all 500+ Whistler shows available and almost every one has been great. I've compared a number of shows that appeared both on radio and on t.v. - Gunsmoke and Dragnet, e.g., and the radio shows always struck me as much better. William Conrad's Matt Dillon was far edgier than James Arness, and I loved it on t.v. too.

You like the The Whistler over The Shadow?????? :eek:
Odd Whistler fact: Dorothy Roberts whistled the 13 note theme each week for 13 years. They did not make a recording and use it each week!
Cool... that I did not know. Currently working my way through, "Barrie Craig - Confidential Investigator".

Did they do movies of The Shadow? I like Richard Dix in The Whistler movies. Now I gotta look up what John's talking about, another good mystery?

Sitting here reading your post. :1398:

P1150003.jpg

How about a candlestick phone? I have a repro one I bought years ago (it's cool but I don't use it much).

How about a candlestick phone? I have a repro one I bought years ago (it's cool but I don't use it much).

Sorry, no have. I took forever trying to find this one in my now unused office. I will likely give it to our son for a prop. Mark Evers Photography.

Most reactions

Back