Well, so far Sigma and myself are not starting out on a good footing

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
My new Sigma 150-500 OS has a focusing problem. Developed after about 50 min of use. I just got their reply in email form saying that my lens should be sent in for servicing under warranty. He specifically stated my problem is not linked to the previous recall. ???

The recall on the 3 lenses are due to the lens locking up and requiring a camera reboot, or hunting focus. My new lens is hunting focus. And I specifically said that in an email. And they are already saying its not associated??? I am specifically having the same problem as the recall reasons!

I have been told 4-8 weeks for repair and return. :( I had bad luck with the older version and it seems to be following the new one. :x

Sounds very Sigma-like...malfunctioning lenses are a specialty for them.

Just remember as many people have had problems with "soft copies" of the 100-400mm lens ;) Super telephotos are complicated beasts for any company to manufacture.

After some looking around. It looks like the long turn around time is due to some lenses being shipped back to Japan. From what I have found in other forums, I guess the recalled lenses were sent back to the factory. Not sure if mine will go all the way back or not.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hmm. I was thinking about purchasing the BIGMOS. Should this make me double-think it? I hadnt heard of a recall..

Mark

Hmm. I was thinking about purchasing the BIGMOS. Should this make me double-think it? I hadnt heard of a recall..

Mark

The recall is on the 3 big zooms with OS. Unless the lens is old stock any new order will be outside the recall #'s. My lens is well outside the recall numbers.

It may just be a coincidence that my issue is very similar to the recall. Will probably never know. Just gonna have to wait and see.

I would be piss! there is nothing more frustrating than buying new stuff that work like crap.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back