What's new

Well, this didn't work out like I wanted it to.

480sparky45 44

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All this work, and I think it stinks.

GraysLake4SeasonsWorking1Post.jpg


What do you think?
 
I think the problem is the sky and water - the last two frames blend really well as whilst the ground changes we expect to see it in the grass and ground; whilst the sky in both is fairly light with cloud cover so there is less attention drawn to those areas. Whilst with the second frame we've a big (slightly unexpected) change to the water which jars a lot - but also the sky is very busy with clouds, which isn't mirrored either side.

I do like the idea, but I think you need the right sky type and maybe reduce the water content (you could have it slip in for the winter to autumn change if it freezes over).
 
I like the idea, maybe a smoother, gradual fade into each slide would be nicer. Also the color's don't seem to match each other very well. The tree's in the snow one on the fart right don't seem as vibrant. Could be worth a few more tries! Guess we'll see this attempt again a year from now?
 
I'm thinking you were trying to show the seasons and change? Honestly, I don't care for it.

I think I would like it a lot better if instead of doing such a hard transition, it would have been a more gradient type of transition.
 
I really like the concept, but the execution unfortunately is just really not there. Maybe if the scenes blended more seamlessly together it would have been much more pleasing aesthetically
 
To be truthful, I shot each four seasons with the sun at my back, so the spring scene is taken late in the evening, summer & autumn toward mid-day, and winter early in the morning. This is really a 360° shot.

As for the colors, I can always edit the tints.

As for the sky & water, not much I can do about Mother Nature.

I can always redo the edit, making the transitions more spread out and gradual.
 
To be truthful, I shot each four seasons with the sun at my back, so the spring scene is taken late in the evening, summer & autumn toward mid-day, and winter early in the morning. This is really a 360° shot.As for the colors, I can always edit the tints.As for the sky & water, not much I can do about Mother Nature.I can always redo the edit, making the transitions more spread out and gradual.
Could you use a single exposure for the water and sky? Sky and water look the same regardless of season(except ice). I'd like to see the transitions being straight lines too.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom