Went Full Frame Finally!

Because it sucks?

5D MKII is overrated. Mines broke 4 times already. Sell it and get a T2i.
Dare I ask how you've broken it 4 times? Maybe try carrying a more discrete camera to the strip club next time.

The first error 30 occured upon pressing the shutter button. The subsequent 2nd, 3rd, and 4th also occured upon pressing the shutter button. It's been to Canon 3 times. One time it worked normal for about a week before breaking again.

So you're saying nikon sucks, but your canon broke 4 times already...... Doesnt that mean something?

Dare I ask how you've broken it 4 times? Maybe try carrying a more discrete camera to the strip club next time.

The first error 30 occured upon pressing the shutter button. The subsequent 2nd, 3rd, and 4th also occured upon pressing the shutter button. It's been to Canon 3 times. One time it worked normal for about a week before breaking again.

So you're saying nikon sucks, but your canon broke 4 times already...... Doesnt that mean something?

Nikon still sucks and I have amazing image quality when my camera works?

Derrel... you should know that failure rate is a percentage of failures against the whole. Without both a google search like that is meaningless.

Similarly, a google of ""Err" Nikon" yielded 151+k results is equally as meaningless

Google search on Canon Error 99 yields 2,430,000 results

Canon Error 99 - Google Search

Now THAT's reliability!!! Only a little shy of 2.5 million refusals to shoot....pretty good!

That's because any idiot knows that Canon's Error 99 is a catch all that could mean anything from, "you dunked you camera in sea water you idiot", to "you have your lens attached backwards".

Now given probably 2,429,999 are websites with FAQs about Error 99 and people getting Error 99 because they put butter on their camera and not their toast means that one of those is actually legitimate. Nikon still sucks.

118514-2301p099-13b.gif

If I try hard enough, I'd find some article stating the opposite.

oh and Derrel, that google search post has been posted and posted.... and it is your only contribution to this thread. Shall I dig up that thread that started with me saying "Get a Life"? oh and don't start with "I also shoot with a Canon" .. B.S.

No, Canon bodies quite frequently LOCK UP with a MULTITUDE of eror codes. Why???? Because they depend 100 percent on electronics to actuate the lens diaphragm...and the lens/body interface is an area fraught with problems with bad connection, moisture, finger greases and oils, and flat-out bad connections...both of my main Canons have given me multiple Err99 failures to fire...I've never had a single Nikon body lock up and fail to fire. Not once...

Sorry usayit, but Canon's all-electronic diaphragm actuation has proven to be a very unreliable system in practice. Nice excuse-making, but the facts are what they are. BTW, I own two Canon bodies and eight lenses in EF mount...

Canon has so many error codes for failures to fire that it's not even funny.

Nice graph on the point and shoot cameras!!! I'll be sure to tell NASA they should stop using Nikons aboard the space vehicles, and switch to Toshiba point and shoots!

No, Canon bodies quite frequently LOCK UP with a MULTITUDE of eror codes. Why???? Because they depend 100 percent on electronics to actuate the lens diaphragm...and the lens/body interface is an area fraught with problems with bad connection, moisture, finger greases and oils, and flat-out bad connections...both of my main Canons have given me multiple Err99 failures to fire...I've never had a single Nikon body lock up and fail to fire. Not once...

Sorry usayit, but Canon's all-electronic diaphragm actuation has proven to be a very unreliable system in practice. Nice excuse-making, but the facts are what they are. BTW, I own two Canon bodies and eight lenses in EF mount...

Canon has so many error codes for failures to fire that it's not even funny.

Nice graph on the point and shoot cameras!!! I'll be sure to tell NASA they should stop using Nikons aboard the space vehicles, and switch to Toshiba point and shoots!

Make sure you tell all the businesses in the world to stop using Canon copiers as well.

2009:
Antarctica 2009 - What Worked

2007:
Antartica 2007 – What Worked? What Didn't

Yes, Canon is a photcopier company. They make some nice copiers. Have another beer V-A, or whatever it is that's got your panties so in a bunch today...I'm enjoying watching your nonsensical ranting over in the thread you started this morning, the thread on how the beginner's forum is such a dumping ground for images from non-beginners... http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...hoto-gallery/217861-first-photo-evar-c-c.html

2009:

2007:

Yes, Canon is a photcopier company. They make some nice copiers. Have another beer V-A, or whatever it is that's got your panties so in a bunch today...I'm enjoying watching your nonsensical ranting over in the thread you started this morning, the thread on how the beginner's forum is such a dumping ground for images from non-beginners... http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...hoto-gallery/217861-first-photo-evar-c-c.html

Just because Nikon held up in colder weather better doesn't mean that the IQ isn't still crap.

My threads rawk and you're just an angry nazi.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...o-gallery/217234-extreme-stringholding-2.html

Calling some one a Jew? How racist of you.

2009:

2007:

Just because Nikon held up in colder weather better doesn't mean that the IQ isn't still crap.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...o-gallery/217234-extreme-stringholding-2.html

No, that was not intended as a racist comment...Bitter deliberately mis-spells my name whenever he's trying to be an arse...I thought I'd give him a taste of his own medicine...perhaps you're projecting your own drunken Nazi sentiments onto me??? I think so...have another whatever it is that you're abusing this afternoon..maybe then you'll end up face down and hit the keyboard and write something actually interesting...I did not call him "a Jew"...get it right you newbie cretin.

2009:

2007:

No, that was not intended as a racist comment...Bitter deliberately mis-spells my name whenever he's trying to be an arse...I thought I'd give him a taste of his own medicine...perhaps you're projecting your own drunken Nazi sentiments onto me??? I think so...have another whatever it is that you're abusing this afternoon..maybe then you'll end up face down and hit the keyboard and write something actually interesting...I did not call him "a Jew"...get it right you newbie cretin.

You did so. Jew hater. My cousins are Jewish. I should alert the Jewish Defence League to your behavior. No telling when your internet ranting will turn into a hate crime.

OK seriously do I have to ask the MOD to lock this thread??? This is getting retarded people. All I wanted to tell you people was that I got a damn full frame camera. Who gives a **** if it's NIKON CANON SONY or a homemade?? I like Canon and that's what I swear by. If you're a Nikon/Sony/Pentax guy, use what you have.

This has become another canon vs nikon thread. So please drop the whole thing here and move on forward.

MOVING FORWARD........

If you are an owner of a 5D MK2 or an equivilant camera, please share your thoughts on space it takes and replacement batteries used and if I should know any tricks when it comes. Thanks!

You did so. Jew hater. My cousins are Jewish. I should alert the Jewish Defence League to your behavior. No telling when your internet ranting will turn into a hate crime.

Dude..my WIFE is Jewish....I think you are slightly off-base on this one...

Most reactions

Back