What's new

Went to an abandoned train car

CamGuy003

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Myrtle Beach, SC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I could take so many pictures here and these are a few I really liked. I was experimenting with editing to learn more in lightroom:
#1

DSC_1882 by SBspoolin03, on Flickr

#2

DSC_1884 by SBspoolin03, on Flickr

found these old cars down the street:

#3

DSC_1924 by SBspoolin03, on Flickr

looking for some C&C as far as my composition goes. I know the editing may not be to everybody's personal likes, I was just having some fun and learning!
 
#1 is my favorite... not in love with it.. maybe a tad off, seems crooked to me.
 
First one is good, a bit dark...

The last one is my favorite right down to the spider web crack in the rear side window.
 
#1 is my favorite... not in love with it.. maybe a tad off, seems crooked to me.
I actually just realized that. I tried to fix it a little in LR and this it what I got:


DSC_1882-2 by SBspoolin03, on Flickr

First one is good, a bit dark...

The last one is my favorite right down to the spider web crack in the rear side window.

Thanks for the cc I agree it is a touch dark. I just brightened it up in LR and it looks a lot better.
 
i actually like them all. It reminds me of a post apocalyptic world. Good shots
 
The lightened and straightened version of the first is much better. It's good as a formal composition, but I find myself looking at the broken seats and the side windows, while the ceiling and the doorway are not that interesting. I'd get closer, but not as close as the second one. Opinions vary on this sort of thing, with some preferring a more complete scene and others wanting more detail shots, so you can see which side of that fence I'm on.
 
"I went to an abandoned train car. I came back with many great pictures, and tetanus."
Just kidding. I like them.
 
#2 is my fav! Great shot of the glass..Shows the abandon-ness.
 
I like the original edit of #1, although the tilt needs to be fixed. Number three is great too -- not only did you find those two cool cars, but also a building from around the same time in the background. Your edit of #3 is spot on.
 
i actually like them all. It reminds me of a post apocalyptic world. Good shots
Thanks a lot! That's the look/feeling I was going for.

The lightened and straightened version of the first is much better. It's good as a formal composition, but I find myself looking at the broken seats and the side windows, while the ceiling and the doorway are not that interesting. I'd get closer, but not as close as the second one. Opinions vary on this sort of thing, with some preferring a more complete scene and others wanting more detail shots, so you can see which side of that fence I'm on.
Yeah I just plan on reshooting the entire thing haha. Thanks for the different perspective!

Very nice.
Thank you!

"I went to an abandoned train car. I came back with many great pictures, and tetanus."
Just kidding. I like them.
Haha that was the first thing I said when I walked into the train. Plenty of rusty nails sticking up in there.

#2 is my fav! Great shot of the glass..Shows the abandon-ness.
Thanks I can't put my finger on it but I also really like the glass one.

I like the original edit of #1, although the tilt needs to be fixed. Number three is great too -- not only did you find those two cool cars, but also a building from around the same time in the background. Your edit of #3 is spot on.
true true I will be going back there in a few days to re shoot it. I agree about #3. It was such an odd part of the city to find that setup there. Here is another from it:


DSC_1919 by SBspoolin03, on Flickr


I like the original edit of #1 also.
Thank you. I do like how it's darker. Gives it more of a "sinister" feeling.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom