Went to go try to shoot owls again (there are no owl pictures in this post)

pjaye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Headed back to the bird sanctuary today. Hoping to 1. shoot the horses again from my last post, and 2. maybe shoot some owls. Neither happened. Although I did save that detour on my gps. I saw a snowy and a merlin but wasn't able to get shots of either. The owl was flying quickly out over the water and the merlin took off as soon as I stopped my car.

I did however have to hit the brakes for this guy. He was in absolutely no hurry to move, just sat in front of my car taking his time.

DSC_5998.jpg

DSC_5999.jpg

DSC_6000.jpg

4. (my favorite)
DSC_6001.jpg

DSC_6010.jpg

6. This was the only bird I managed to shoot. Ran into a really sweet man who insisted I need to get a nikon d3200 and 300mm lens because it's not a full frame so the lens shoots longer. (He totally disregarded that I have a 7100. He was so excited to see the birds.
DSC_6104.jpg

Love the fox! Reminds me of the one I caught watching me in my front yard the other night. Walked out to my car and didn't notice him sitting there watching me for at least a few minutes.

Love the fox! Reminds me of the one I caught watching me in my front yard the other night. Walked out to my car and didn't notice him sitting there watching me for at least a few minutes.

I've encountered three this year, (there was a second one today) and they just don't seem to care that we are around. The guy I got the pictures of, went into a yard and was pouncing something. But he really didn't seem all that concerned about me. The one I photographed at Algonquin in May, sat there for over 15 minutes and was still there when we left.

I never get too close (these pictures were actually out of my car window) but they really are cute.

Yes, they are adorable. I think the one I saw in my yard lives in the cemetery next door. I'm not sure if it was him or the coyote that also lives nearby that was responsible for all the goose feathers in my yard a few weeks ago. I have a good friend that became friends with one, it would hang out with him when he was sitting on his porch and play with the dogs toys. I think they are just getting very used to humans being in their territory.

I particularly like #4.

Yup! #4 is my favourite too.. but the second one has a lot of potential too :)
Aand obviously every knows that a D3200 > D7100.. :lol:

Very nice shots of the fox. That's some big bushy tail they have.
Thank you! And yes, his tail was extremely bushy!

I particularly like #4.

Thank you. My favorite. That was when I first stopped and it was shot out the car window. I kept waiting for him to run off.

Nice fox Barb!
Thank you! I'm assuming that's your daughter in your avatar? She's adorable!

Yup! #4 is my favourite too.. but the second one has a lot of potential too :)
Aand obviously every knows that a D3200 > D7100.. :lol:

LOL The guy was really sweet but you could tell he was totally new to photography. He kept telling me about this very rare bird that he just shot. It's was just a large sandpiper but he was really sure that he had just captured an extremely rare bird with his awesome camera and lens. To be fair, my tamron was locked down so he didn't realize it was longer than it looked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back