What's new

....went to the beach, came back with 1 shot i liked.

Onemarshboy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.....and here it is. Not your typical beach shot i guess! I really liked the colours in the wood and the metal.

To cc my own shot, i think it would work better if the bolt was in sharper focus and if the railway sleepers were running straight up to the beach hut.

What do you think and any suggestions are welcome!!

cheers

Rob

4747400322_a2aac12082_b.jpg
 
Onemarshboy

A lower angle to the shot would have added a little more drama to the image and helped toward having the rail line head towards the shed.

I like the diffferent beach type shot.
 
I like it, I also agree with the bolt being a bit sharper focus.. The background almost seemed distracting to me because I was so curious of how it looked.. maybe some shots with the hut, I don't know..

still looked good bud

cheers.
 
I'm with pbelarge, being a little lower would help exaggerate that line but I also like how the post doesn't go all the way to the top of the frame. To me it's perfectly positioned. I think if you backed up from where you were (if possible of course) and lowered you could pull both of those off. The background is only slightly distracting but may be less so if it was black and white. Maybe not. I love the color of the post and rail but the blue tends to draw the eye. Overall I like it though.

Oh, one other thing. If pulling back and going lower introduces a bright sky to the image I would say forget it and stick with this one. My suggestion only stands if the tree line is tall enough to block out the sky. I don't think you want to introduce a bold horizontal line to the top of the image.
 
thanks for the comments guys - sounds like it's one of those shots that....kinda works but there's sort of something that could be done to improve it!!

it would have been possible for me to back up.....and lower my position. I can certainly try it and post the results next time i'm at the location. cheers.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom