Wet XD card

Ultra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I have searched but havent found an answer to this. We went on a holiday and used my 'Waterproof' Olympus Stylus 6000 camera underwater. Later I was looking at the photos and it said to clean the xd card so I opened the camera up and noticed that it was a little damp inside.

The camera still works however it wont read the card. It has wiped 500 photos from our holiday:grumpy:. Just wondering if anyone knows if we can get them back. I have tried it putting it in different computers but it wont read it.

Also if anyone has had a similar problem with these cameras and had it fixed? Mine is a year old and just out of warranty.

Regards,

This is a film forum.

35mm-film.jpg
dtipIconHover.png

I was going to make joke, but you have a little dilemma. Post this in a proper section, and you may get some good advice. Good luck.

Run a chkdsk on the memory card from the command prompt.

Have you tried a seperate card reader? Or are you plugging the camera into the computer? If you've been using the camera, try using a card reader. If that doesn't work, it might be worth while to try downloading photo recovery software. Most of them will allow you to download the 'demo' for free. The demo will show if you can recover anything. In order to actually recover anything, you'll have to pay for the full version.

If this doesn't work, then you might be screwed. :(

Most reactions

Back