Wetland Sunset

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2693430100_a11c081e42_o.jpg

c&c always appreciated :)

Nice one. I'm wondering why the grasses are blurred. That's not a criticism. Was it a slow exposure with the wind blowing?

Based on the smoothness of the water, I'm gonna say it was a long exposure.

My biggest criticism would be the sprinklers in the background, they kind of ruin that whole 'peace' aspect of a sunset for me, a bit.

Still a nice shot though. Good work.

Nice capture. I think that the use of a 1 or even 2 stop Grad-ND filter would have taken this image from 'nice' to 'amazing'.

the grass seems a little faded or blurry? did u use a long exposure??

Wow, thanks everyone!

Fox Paw said:
Nice one. I'm wondering why the grasses are blurred. That's not a criticism. Was it a slow exposure with the wind blowing?

Yes, I needed a slow shutter speed (3.2 seconds) because of the aperture (f32 - my lenses dont have infinity) and light, as well as using the circ. polarizer. :(

Trenton Romulox said:
My biggest criticism would be the sprinklers in the background, they kind of ruin that whole 'peace' aspect of a sunset for me, a bit.

Still a nice shot though. Good work.

Yes, I should have thought of the sprinklers... I am playing with that photo again and have already cropped the sprinklers out, as well as a log or something in the water. Thanks for the heads-up :)

robertdownie said:
Nice shot. What time of year was it?

Thank you. It was summer time on Long Island :)

tirediron said:
Nice capture. I think that the use of a 1 or even 2 stop Grad-ND filter would have taken this image from 'nice' to 'amazing'.

Ahh maybe. I don't have one of them yet, but I did use my polarizing filter. I think there is a way to fake grad-nd in PS. I'll check it out. thanks :)

rjackjames said:
the grass seems a little faded or blurry? did u use a long exposure??

Yes sir, Mr Jack-James. 3.2 seconds was needed for that and the wind wouldn't stay still, no matter how nice I asked ;)

Thanks for the kind words, all :)

Gorgeous image. I love the look of the wispy grass. But maybe the whole thing could stand to be a tad sharper. Overall, breathtaking and serene!

Thank you much, NJMan! I'm working on getting sharper images. I'll get there eventually :)

I like the soft look, and it probably would look incredible on a full size print. A touch sharper on the web though as mentioned. Excellent exposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back