Wetlands Sunset

PetersCreek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Howdy all...long time, no post. Spring is finally creeping its way up here and the days are getting longer and longer. Our second floor master bedroom faces west and since the trees on our property haven't leafed up, we still have views of the Knik Arm of Cook Inlet. Over the last few days, as The Wife® I and were getting ready for bed, some fiery red sunsets have really been taunting me. So, one promising evening last week, we set off to catch one.

This shot was taken over some marsh area just the other side of Eklutna, about 10-15 minutes from my home. It wasn't nearly as intense as those a couple of days earlier but it was nice all the same...

66860680-M.jpg

Canon 20D, EF 24-105mm f/4L @ 24mm, primary exposure: 1/8s @ f/16, ISO 200.

A beautiful capture of a sight that must have been beautiful for you and "The Wife®" to have seen in person. Thanks so much for sharing that.

absolutely beautiful! lovely exposure.. sweet shot:)
thanks for sharing

What a beautiful photo. The colour temp differences are so pronounced here with the cold colours all around, mostly so on the ground, and that warm orange spot where the sun sets. I find this is a very interesting contrast of colour temps in just one photo!

awesome shot! just beautiful... :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! Now, if I only had more time for shooting. Danged spring clean up.

That's a beautiful frame!

Wow...excellent image. Very well done.!!

Most reactions

Back