original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Enjoy!
Steve

whoa! :D

i got to swim with one of these awesome creatures a couple of years ago

twas crazy scary :D

Even though they are harmless, and I am well aware of that, something still bothers me about the idea of being in the water with a few of those swimming around me.

It's the same "strange uneasiness" that kept me from swimming with the Manta Rays in Hawaii at night.

I like #1 except for the piece of debris or dirt under the shark. #2 Is good too, if only you had a wide angle lens.
Even though they are harmless, and I am well aware of that, something still bothers me about the idea of being in the water with a few of those swimming around me.

Maybe your thinking of the similarities between sting rays and manta rays. A whale shark wouldn't make me uneasy in that way.

Pictures are great, however the 'getting near them' factor just makes it that much better! There's something about underwater natural light as well, so....creepy-like hehe. Good job.

Lovely.

I have yet to meet up with a whale shark, it is the big animal I most want to meet. I have dove with smaller sharks, mantas, eaglerays, stingrays, atlantic bottlenose dolphins (in Hawaii, no less) spinner dolphins and humpback whales (in singing distance) but not whale sharks. They are SO cool.

So far my biggest shark has been about a 15 foot oceanic white tip that was acting very aggressively so I got the heck out of the water.

Keep em coming! Love the underwater stuff!

SteveD: Would love to know the equipment you used and how you're set up. I'm going on a whale shark safari next week and would like to have a better idea of how to set up. I'll be using my T1i with 18-55 EF-S IS stuck in an EWA pouch. I thought of attaching my 430 EXII but was advised against it. Any thoughts? I'd also like to know how you were set up exposure wise. Would be a great help as this would be my first underwater shoot. TIA

ocular: That piece of "debris" might be a fish. Lots of smaller fish like remoras hang around them.

Lovely.

I have yet to meet up with a whale shark, it is the big animal I most want to meet. I have dove with smaller sharks, mantas, eaglerays, stingrays, atlantic bottlenose dolphins (in Hawaii, no less) spinner dolphins and humpback whales (in singing distance) but not whale sharks. They are SO cool.

So far my biggest shark has been about a 15 foot oceanic white tip that was acting very aggressively so I got the heck out of the water.

Keep em coming! Love the underwater stuff!
Where were you at with the white tip?

Screw those things, it's probably my least favorite shark/animal. They are highly aggressive and man eaters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back