what a day in New York

What I see is a day you want to turn away from ... return home and go back to bed to forget this very day. Such sad, drab, grey, depressing weather :( ... which you captured through the windscreen, I take it? Why don't I see any smears from the wipers? Or are your wipers brandnew and still wiping spotlessly? (Mine don't :( ).

Oh, this photo makes me think of a thing that happened to me when I was in the States more than 10 years ago ... I was driving the hired car, I was all on my own, it was my first drive ever in the States, and I had to stop at a crossing (similar to this one, although the location was Texas, the month was August, and therefore the weather was very, very different, but all the same: the crossing was similar). Now you have to know that here in Germany the traffic lights are always placed at the near side of a crossing! So I saw the lights were red and planned to stop for the red light, but where I stopped the car was ... oh oops! ... in the middle of the crossing :oops: :shock: :oops: !!! Hard way of learning (lots of honking in my ears from other cars!) that I need to stop a car MUCH further away from the lights at American crossings than I have to at German crossings.

Sorry... I'm rambling, but this photo made the memory come back ;) .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back