What are the odds?

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last week here in New England we had a major warm up, near 60 degrees which caused the foot of snow we had to melt really quick and over 3 inches of rain in less than 24 hours caused major flooding from rivers going over the banks do to ice jams. So Saturday I went out to try and capture some shots of the ice jam up and it was freezing it was basically hovering around 0 degrees. So yes, in less than 24 hours it went from 60 degrees to 0 degrees. Crazy.

Anyways, I was out taking pictures in a somewhat quiet place and a guy randomly walked by me on the walking path I was on and later that night he commented on one of my pictures on Instagram saying he was the guy that walked passed me. Turns out he's a photographer too but he was out trying to get some drone footage of the ice jam.

Just what are the odds of two photographers crossing paths in real life and online the same day? I love it when things like this happen.

Okay...you probably want to see some ice jam shots. Well I tried my best but the places I wanted to get to were difficult do to flooding, so I did the best I could.

Erwin-180113-17660.jpg

So what you probably don't know in the shot above is what I'm standing on is a paved road leading to that green bridge up ahead. Well, it's now a river because of the ice jam to the right.

Erwin-180113-17677.jpg

That's a river of ice.

Erwin-180113-17652-Edit.jpg

That is an odd coincidence. Did you hashtag your photos with the location? Maybe he searched by the location to see if he could find them?

That is an odd coincidence. Did you hashtag your photos with the location? Maybe he searched by the location to see if he could find them?

Yes, I add locations and I hashtag the heck of my instagram posts. It's pretty funny really.

I wouldn't have known that was a road. You got some nice shots.

Very nice shots, of a treacherous situation. Hope this stuff clears out on its own soon. Good job with the various angles - don't take any unnecessary risks for shots like this (even if they're good!). ;)

I think it's great that the other photographer reached out and made the connection via IG. I rather detest most social media, but this is admittedly one of the nice aspects of it.

Most reactions

Back