what are the perks of belonging to PPA?

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What are the perks? They list some on the splash page but I was wondering what they really have to offer?

Ive heard they offer free legal advice, but I don't see any mention of that on their page.

Ive also heard they offer limited insurance, but again I don't see any mention of that.

I would love to hear everyone's experiences with them. :)

I use ASMP's site more, but I know of people who use PPA and have gone thru their certification(?) process. I don't know if what you heard was accurate or not, but maybe not... I know of professional organizations in my field of work (not photography related) that offer insurance policies that members can get but I've never used anything like that.

I dont see the point of being a certified photographer, 2 out of 3 certified photographers in the area have closed their doors, people dont care about that. sure its good in that it gives you more knowledge and tools to work with but in the end, it doesnt give you a bigger paycheck.

It gets rid of that pesky extra $4-500 each year that you didn't know what to do with...

Yup.

That being said I am offering a one time low price of $299.99 to become an official "Certified Gold Premium TPF Member".

Yup. That being said I am offering a one time low price of $299.99 to become an official "Certified Gold Premium TPF Member".

Is this a title that I can slap all over my website and marketing material mercilessly without realizing few people give a damn?

Is this a title that I can slap all over my website and marketing material mercilessly without realizing few people give a damn?

Yes but that is an extra $199.99.

FWIW - The PPA membership fee is a deductible business expense.

Membership is $27.92/month or $323/year with Indemnification Trust (required when portrait or wedding is chosen as a specialty), $273/year without Indemnification Trust, equipment insurance ($15,000), and access to PPA attorneys.

Includes one registration to PPA's Imaging USA convention (1st year of membership, normally $179)

I was a member of PPA, PPNJ, PPOC, (New Jersey and California) WPPI and ASMP. I never took any of their idiotic tests, but I went to lots of workshops and seminars over the years to improve my photography. After a while the pompous azzholes who wear all the silly ribbons tend to make you puke however. On the plus side they all had annual weeklong educational
conventions that allowed people to party their brains away in exotic locales away from home. Other than that, the certification process is worthless imo.

Most reactions

Back