What are your goals?

The list is long, immediate goals, logo, watermark, website, new self portrait for site, prints, research display options in my area, watch tutorials daily on processing and off camera flash.
Long term, shoot, share, learn, grow, and enjoy :)

Last edited:
I have a one year goal to display at least one photo at the Spoleto international arts festival in my city.

Short term goal is to get get a long exposure of the ocean. I keep putting it off. I live right by the beach and I haven't been in 2 years.

Another is to nail the Brenizer method.

You live right by the beach and you haven't taken control of the beach yet? Man, you gotta show that beach who's boss.. that beach needs to know you're the king of your sand castle, otherwise there's gonna be beaches everywhere just doing whatever they want!

(If I were still in a relationship I'd never talk this way)

Short term goal: To continue improving my lighting and editing technique to the point where the masters look up to me for advice.
Long term goal: To never have to seek a client but rather pick from a long waiting list the client I want to shoot.

Is that achievable? I think so.

To win POTM.

Finishing my fantasy novel.

Oh wait...

You know, I really need to find a different forum to hang around at. :lol:

Finishing my fantasy novel.

Oh wait...

You know, I really need to find a different forum to hang around at. :lol:

I love fantasy novels. Let us know when it's finished!

To get a nice medium format Pentax.
To set up my own darkroom to process the films and make nice prints.
To exhibit the results.

Short term - in my day job, get this promotion.
Long term - be successful in art, in my lifetime.

I have a one year goal to display at least one photo at the Spoleto international arts festival in my city.

Short term goal is to get get a long exposure of the ocean. I keep putting it off. I live right by the beach and I haven't been in 2 years.

You live in Charleston and you haven't been to the beach in two years?? Good grief, dude, your right to live in a coastal city should be revoked!!
(Says the person who hasn't visited most of the "popular" Great Smoky Mountain destinations in just as long, despite living less than an hour from the park entrance...)

Charleston is probably my FAVORITE East Coast coastal city; it's just beautiful there.

You live right by the beach and you haven't taken control of the beach yet? Man, you gotta show that beach who's boss.. that beach needs to know you're the king of your sand castle, otherwise there's gonna be beaches everywhere just doing whatever they want!

(If I were still in a relationship I'd never talk this way)

Sand castle? It sounds more like your castle is made of bricks.

Stay in the business as long as I can still produce images that make a difference to the people I photograph, and produce images that just matter to me.

I live right by the beach and I haven't been in 2 years.

Tiller, I live in Louisville and I have NEVER been to the Kentucky Derby. And without a gun to my head I doubt I will ever go. I'm not sure it that's the same thing.

But I would definitely go to the beach if it were close. :)

I just don't get it. It makes sense in theory but I can't execute to save my life!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back