what are your xmas traditions? (if u celebrate of course)

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
we stir the xmas cake 3 times and make a wish every yr

my grndma lights brandy inside an egg shell inside the xmas pud and then pours it on top and we all go "ahhhh"

we have....

a

christmas tree competition...

and

we

win

a Xmas Competition Cup! :blush:
my family are insane

When I was a kid my dad used to put a red sock-hat over a flashlight and sneak out of the house after dinner on christmas eve, then knock on the windows to make me think it was rudolph. :D

Now the wife and I (and next year, the little one) are building our own traditions. I crawl up a wobbly ladder every november and try not to kill myself stringing lights on the house. We turn on the christmas music and decorate the tree together one evening after work, etc.

I'm not satisfied until I get a Christmas tree tall enough to scrape the ceiling. It annoys the crap out of my husband. :wink: I like great big beautiful trees, and I like to keep the room lights off as much as possible and make everyone grope around the room by the Christmas tree lights only.... :lol:

And we have to recycle the tree later, of course. :wink:

Aside from that, the other little traditions are only opening stockings on Christmas morning before leaving for the in-laws house, where cousins and other family members have assembled....we have a big, long family day over there, presents, dinner, etc. Then we get to leave the chaos, come home and crash in front of the fire and open our own gifts late in the day....

It's really one of the nicest, although most exhausting, days of the whole year. I'm not religious, it's all about the family time, nostalgia and togetherness for me, frankly.

terri said:
I'm not satisfied until I get a Christmas tree tall enough to scrape the ceiling. It annoys the crap out of my husband. :wink: I like great big beautiful trees, and I like to keep the room lights off as much as possible and make everyone grope around the room by the Christmas tree lights only.... :lol:

Mmmmmm, groping. :thumbsup:

For Christmas im moving to australia. thats all.

my parents never taught me anything except how to fight.

md

terri wrote:
I'm not satisfied until I get a Christmas tree tall enough to scrape the ceiling. It annoys the crap out of my husband. I like great big beautiful trees, and I like to keep the room lights off as much as possible and make everyone grope around the room by the Christmas tree lights only....

Mmmmmm, groping.

Left myself *wide open* for that one, didn't I? :blulsh2:

Bunch of pervs! :wink:

manda said:
we stir the xmas cake 3 times and make a wish every yr

Must stem from the UK, I vaguely remember my Gran'ma getting us to do that when I was a kid.
I used to wish for more wishes...typical budding engineer!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back