What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Overread, Dec 1, 2011.

1. spiffybeth

spiffybeth TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    now that ive started american gods, i really like the premise. these gods come to america but as people stop believing in them, they stop having god-like abilities.

hi mike :)

2. c.cloudwalker

c.cloudwalker TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :thumbup:

I love that series too. I think he ran out of steam in the last couple books but I still love it.

Once upon a time I had this job, 2 times a year, delivering 40,000 lbs of lobsters and all day long while weighing and bagging the beasts I thought about the lobstrosities... lol.

What a wonderful word. So wonderful that we ended up with a lobster in our Xmas tree. We couldn't find a lobstrosity so we used a regular lobster :(

3. LadyJasmine

LadyJasmine TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can NOT wait to get back into that!!! I read the Talisman and The Black House and The Gunslinger. But I read them all in about 10 days, so by the time I got to the second book of the actual series... I was bored.

But I recently found ALL of the illustrated ones (the ones that have a color image every x amount of pages) at a garage sale for $10. So after I finish the book I'm now, I'll start up again!

4. mc1979

mc1979 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I just got through The Hunger Games. It was recommended by a friend, and I didn't know it at the time but is a trilogy. It's actually labeled young adult, but was a very interesting read. I couldn't put it down and read all three books in a week. Now I'm dissappointed because I can't decide what to read next. This series was just a pleasant surprise to me and I've never read any thing like it before..so it was a good change. I'm actually trying to scope out what could be similiar to it! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. LadyJasmine

LadyJasmine TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've read the First Two. I don't really think it should be labeled "Young-Adult" I think it should be more of "Adult" the concept is very dark, in my opinion, but that's why I love them. And I'm really getting annoyed with people starting groups "Team Gale" or "Team Peta" lol.

Anywho, they are amazing books. Really makes you think about what it would be like to live in a world like that or even have to go through "The Games".

• Like Like x 1
  6. dwightdegroff

dwightdegroff TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm reading "Treasure Island" for the first time(free on Amazon Kindle, btw)

• Like Like x 1
  7. skieur

skieur TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The Pagan Christ by Tom Harper

The basic premise is that most of the stories from the New Testament such as the Virgin Birth, Palm Sunday, Last Supper, Crucifixion, Ressurection etc. came from Egyptian and other pre-Christian manuscripts. Tom Harper is a journalist and protestant minister, but his writing is not as "readable" as it should and could be.

Life After Death

If you believe everything you read, then the descriptions of hell/hades in this book by those that have visited these realms in near death experiences will certainly give you nightmares.

skieur

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  8. flatflip

flatflip TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I read it last year. Not sure if it was ibooks or kindle reader app on iPad but it was free. Probably close to my top ten. Read it right after Jeckle & Hyde.

I'm starting The Lincoln Lawyer tonight.

9. spiffybeth

spiffybeth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i havent read this but supposedly if you liked the hunger games (which i read and loved) then youll like this series -->
    http://www.amazon.com/Divergent-Veronica-Roth/dp/0062024027/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326942395&sr=8-1

10. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    SPIFFY!!!!!

I meant to thank you for the BD post, but felt it was too little too late........ major hangover and all. Hope you are well.

11. spiffybeth

spiffybeth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    hi Kundalini. :hug::

12. Meggy

Meggy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Aleph - Paulo Coelho :)