What book are you reading?

I just got through The Hunger Games. It was recommended by a friend, and I didn't know it at the time but is a trilogy. It's actually labeled young adult, but was a very interesting read. I couldn't put it down and read all three books in a week. Now I'm dissappointed because I can't decide what to read next. This series was just a pleasant surprise to me and I've never read any thing like it before..so it was a good change. I'm actually trying to scope out what could be similiar to it! LOL

I just got through The Hunger Games. It was recommended by a friend, and I didn't know it at the time but is a trilogy. It's actually labeled young adult, but was a very interesting read. I couldn't put it down and read all three books in a week. Now I'm dissappointed because I can't decide what to read next. This series was just a pleasant surprise to me and I've never read any thing like it before..so it was a good change. I'm actually trying to scope out what could be similiar to it! LOL

I've read the First Two. I don't really think it should be labeled "Young-Adult" I think it should be more of "Adult" the concept is very dark, in my opinion, but that's why I love them. And I'm really getting annoyed with people starting groups "Team Gale" or "Team Peta" lol.

Anywho, they are amazing books. Really makes you think about what it would be like to live in a world like that or even have to go through "The Games".

The Pagan Christ by Tom Harper

The basic premise is that most of the stories from the New Testament such as the Virgin Birth, Palm Sunday, Last Supper, Crucifixion, Ressurection etc. came from Egyptian and other pre-Christian manuscripts. Tom Harper is a journalist and protestant minister, but his writing is not as "readable" as it should and could be.

Life After Death

If you believe everything you read, then the descriptions of hell/hades in this book by those that have visited these realms in near death experiences will certainly give you nightmares.

skieur

Last edited:
I'm reading "Treasure Island" for the first time(free on Amazon Kindle, btw)

I read it last year. Not sure if it was ibooks or kindle reader app on iPad but it was free. Probably close to my top ten. Read it right after Jeckle & Hyde.

I'm starting The Lincoln Lawyer tonight.

i havent read this but supposedly if you liked the hunger games (which i read and loved) then youll like this series -->
http://www.amazon.com/Divergent-Veronica-Roth/dp/0062024027/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326942395&sr=8-1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
SPIFFY!!!!!

I meant to thank you for the BD post, but felt it was too little too late........ major hangover and all. Hope you are well.

hi Kundalini. :hug::

I'm reading "Treasure Island" for the first time(free on Amazon Kindle, btw)

I read it last year. Not sure if it was ibooks or kindle reader app on iPad but it was free. Probably close to my top ten.

Very easy to read, too, considering its age. I read through a third of it in a couple hours when I couldn't sleep in a hotel room.

Learning to see creatively by Bryan Peterson and Paul of Dune by Brian Herbert

kamerageek said:
Steve Jobs biography.

I loved it. I per ordered it a long time before he passed. Took me 30 days to read it. I'm not fast, maybe only average speed but it was a long read for me.

Just finished Son of Stone by Stuart Woods. Starting The Litigators by John Grisham.

Most reactions

Back