What book do you recommend?

Dannyc79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I need help on deciding which book I should get. I want to learn how to use cs3 for my photos and I have came accross these 2 books from Scott Kelby. One is called The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers... and the 2nd is called Scott Kelby's 7-Point System for Adobe Photoshop CS3. Has anyone bought these books? Which would you recommend? Also do you know of any other books that are better or similar to these that can help me with cs3? Thanks :hail:

Hi everyone, I need help on deciding which book I should get. I want to learn how to use cs3 for my photos and I have came accross these 2 books from Scott Kelby. One is called The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers... and the 2nd is called Scott Kelby's 7-Point System for Adobe Photoshop CS3. Has anyone bought these books? Which would you recommend? Also do you know of any other books that are better or similar to these that can help me with cs3? Thanks :hail:

Both are great. I'd get the the Cs3 for digital photographers first. This actually teaches you the nuts and bolts of doing things in PS.

The 7 point system is better for when you already know a fair bit about photoshop.

Thanks for the quick response. Will do then.

I borrowed the learning CS2 book from Scott Kelby. Teaches some great basics, learned me a lot. However, he only demonstrates his tips & tricks on fairly easy-to-edit pictures. When you want to edit something more difficult, there's not always a 'this is the way to go' solution in his book. But I guess that's not the idea behind it, you should probably find that out yourself starting from the basics.

I like Kelby, and his quirky sense of humor. I've learned from his CS2 book.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back