What bracket is best?

atseeyob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am ready to spend upto $150.00 on bracket. I was trying to read customer review and product features, but they are more confusing than helpful. Anyway, as usual I am hoping that this place will give me better advice. Therefore, what do think is the best bracket that I can buy for $150.00 or less. I am also going to buy battery grip in a near future.

Currently I use Canon Speedlight 580EX with Canon 30D. I appreciate for your input in advance. Thank you.

It's not so much as matter of what is best...it's more a matter of what you prefer and what will work for you.

I use a Stroboframe Press-T bracket because it allows me to hold the camera, rather than the bracket. Some people might not light that.

There are several good brands. Stroboframe, Custom Brackets etc.

There are also different styles. Some are flip style when you turn the camera and then flip the flash. Some are rotate style, where the flash stays put and the camera rotates.

Also, you will need a cord to connect the camera to the flash. You will need a Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord (II) or (III). They cost $50-$80 so keep that in mind. Also, you may need other accesories like an anti-rotate plate for the bottom of the camera etc.

As you are getting a battery grip, make sure you get a bracket that is tall/big enough to accommodate that.

I am ready to spend upto $150.00 on bracket. I was trying to read customer review and product features, but they are more confusing than helpful. Anyway, as usual I am hoping that this place will give me better advice. Therefore, what do think is the best bracket that I can buy for $150.00 or less. I am also going to buy battery grip in a near future.

Currently I use Canon Speedlight 580EX with Canon 30D. I appreciate for your input in advance. Thank you.

Read Big Mike's comments and then be cautious regarding the brackets that neither flip nor rotate. Those are less-expensive brackets intended for square format cameras that don't have landscape/portrait differences.

Most reactions

Back