What can you tell me about this lens?

Harpua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fotki.com
I was given this lens by an Aunt who has given up photography. It will not fit my camera so I am hoping to sell it, but I do not know what it is worth of even anything about it. Here is what it says on it:

SAKAR MC AUTO ZOOM 1:4.5/4.8 f=80-250mm 580 No.849503

So what can you tell me about this lens? As far as I can tell it is in good condition.

That will fit a Minolta SLR mount, the manual focus type.

Thanks Mitica100

My Aunt gave it to me alond with a Pentax camera I think. I am hoping to find out how much something like this might be worth.

Minolta mount? I'd say 50 bucks.

Harpua said:
Why so cheap? Is SAKAR a bad name?

There are plenty of original Minolta Rokkor lenses for the older style SLRs going for sale and they're cheap, compared with the original prices of decades ago. Most manual focus 35mm SLR nowadays go for pennies on a dollar. However, in reply to your question, I'd say that there are better lenses in the Minolta mount than the Sakar lenses. I might be wrong but I think they were made in Korea (someone correct me if I'm wrong...) and did not have the same optical quality of lenses made in Japan at that time. This line of lenses was aimed at the amateur 35mm SLR user that didn't want to spend the money on a more expensive piece of glass.

Harpua said:
Thanks for the info Mitica100!!! I really appreciate it.

You are very welcome! :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back