Can anyone tell me anything about this lense?

4nimal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive searched the web ebay etc. So far ive found other models of lenses from marexar but not one thing about this specific model can anyone shed some light? And is it worth anything??

-Super marexar zoom 1:5.6

100 - 200mm

No. 79784

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20240302_073046.jpg
    20240302_073046.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
No clue but there's this somewhat dismissive commentary:

Can only add that among off-brand optics there were many sub-brands/store brands of established makers like Vivitar cranked out by Japanese companies during the 70s-80s. Recall larger Toronto photo stores in the late 90s-early 2000s that had bins of 70-210/80-200 variable aperture zooms stacked like firewood.

If they're cheap and adaptable to current cameras they can be dumb fun if they have a "look" you like.

At the camera store I work at that would get thrown in the trash. Literally worth nothing (to a camera store).

BUT.....some peeps like those low end lenses for, as cgw said, the "look". I have an old K-Mart brand "Focal" 28mm I still like to shoot with.
That said maybe you can get $10-20.

I think I have one of those Marexar's but then I have 12 bankers boxes full of old lens so I ain't look'n. :boggled:

I guess they were better than nothing. If you were still learning and on a real tight budget and wanted closer than the nifty fifty, this might do the trick.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back