What did you want to be when you grew up?

I can't think of any early ambitions, but as a teenager, I variously wanted to be either and architect or a recording engineer. I ended up joining the Royal Air Force instead as a Communications Technician, following which I ended up in a large defence blue chip doing project management, over the last 12 years on the IT side of things. I don't suppose that is quite what I'd imagined doing, but it pays a living wage. I still occasionally think about the architect thing, but trying to go back to that at 46 probably isn't a realistic option.

Artist. Studied it forever then learned that it was a business!? So I learned/leaning business to be a businessman/artist/photographer. When people asked what I did for a living my first response was that I was a photographer. Then after learning more business stuff I learned that I am a seller of photographic services. So I'm a salesman?! I mean...artist.

As a kid I wanted to be an F-15 pilot, vision problems have caused that dream to crash and burn. Later on I decided I wanted to build custom cars and attended school for autobody repair and refinishing. I planned on getting into a body shop and saving money to eventually start my own shop. I failed in that regard, I could not get into a shop due to issues with my having been in jouvie (that is a long story, I could get into it but I won't). Now I am stuck in a dead end job doing child care.

i wanted to be sky from american gladiators. im glad that dream changed.

Fortunate in ending up in dentistry as from an early age wanted to go into Medicine- a Vet or Dentist. Did about 7 years in Royal Air Force at a time when it was still fun. Used a camera from about 7 or 8 and always kept up photography through the years.

Apparently I said I wanted to be an architect when I was very very young... so I suppose I should be happy!

Most reactions

Back