what do I need

ImNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
for my D3000 to be able to use my SB-600 wireless-ly?

You need a big round wizard...

Lol you need a wireless transmitter like pocket wizards or something like that. You also need an PC adapter for the SB-600 because it doesn't have a PC cord input.

take a look at the CTR-301p that i have in my signature.

you can get one transmitter and 2 receiver for about 35 $ on ebay

there are not ITLL but they will work on manual.

Unfortunately the on-board flash on the d3000 cannot be used in "commander mode," to drive a slave flash.
The onboard D3000 strobe can be used to optically trigger any number of optically triggered slave speedlights, or speedlights that have had an optical trigger accessory added to the speedlight's foot.

Optical triggering is pretty much limited to line-of-sight and can become problematic in direct sunlight.

Even better is radio triggering of an off camera speedlight but as menttioned, TTL capablility is lost and both exposure and strobe output must be manually adjusted.

Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Flash Trigger :: Cactus 4-Channel Wireless Flash Trigger Set V2s

PT-04 C Radio Wireless Remote Double-Flash Trigger?3Rx - eBay (item 280402884186 end time Jun-25-10 01:50:11 PDT)

PT-04 CN II Radio Wireless Remote Flash Trigger Set?1Rx - eBay (item 280400426734 end time Jul-18-10 20:15:16 PDT)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks a lot for the info and links.
what exactly is the use of the PC sync cord?

bump bump bump!!!!

thanks a lot for the info and links.
what exactly is the use of the PC sync cord?

bump bump bump!!!!

Dude, do some research.

Along the way you will discover other very useful information you didn't know, you didn't know.

It's a wired way to do off camera flash, but the camera and the flash must have PC ports or accessory PC ports. http://flashzebra.com/short_pc_sync/index.shtml

The design of the PC connector is very poor. It is to easy to tweak it out of shape, making the connections unreliable.

They used to make a special tool to try and re-form the connecter to improve the connections. http://flashzebra.com/0072.shtml

Last edited:
why would this even be necessary if it is wireless?

and i am doing research via forum site.

get over it.

Don't you love it when you are doing reserch and your research tells you to do research? :lmao:

No sweat off my brow if you're not smart enough to take advatange of what is usually the most productive part of doing research.

"Along the way you will discover other very useful information you didn't know, you didn't know."

hmmm. surf the internet and possibly find false info OR easily ask hundreds of actual people that have a greater chance of knowing the info.

why dont you go do something with your life besides post on this site all day. you are pretty close to 7000 posts. that's something to be proud of.

Most reactions

Back