What do you guys do to stay in shape?

I've been a lazy pig these last 4 months, I need to get back into being active and more importantly....eating healthy (as I type with a candy cane in my mouth...)

I find the easiest way to eating better is to calorie count on my iphone. I don't obsess about it but it does make me more conscious about what I am eating, so I really need to get that going again because the weight has been coming on this holiday season!

I sit in front of the computer all day but my activity levels are not too bad. I workout once a week with my sister the personal trainer, and also try to snowboard, walk, hike when I can. I just need to stop indulging in goodies.

I have an eliptical which is where i can watch tv, computer or dvr....best exercise $ I've ever spent

i try to stay in the gym, but it sucks because of my demanding schedule. so if i can't do that, i try to maintain a healthy diet.

i took a dare from a friend and decided not to eat out for two weeks, and ended up losing a good amount of weight. but cardio and strength training should be a must.

I'm in the military, so I don't have a choice.I (except for December) spend two hours in the gym 5 days a week, but despise cardio so most of it is anaerobic.I did sign up for the Super Spartan (Jan 28th), so maybe I should give cardio a little attention between now and then, or just rely on raw talent.

I ride my bike like a maniac. I put about 8,000 miles each year on my bike. I do about 250 miles a week from April until December. Once the salt hits the road, I hit the rollers. I'm still at 195, which isn't bad considering my height (6'4"), but it would be nice to get down to 170 or so. I just can't climb hills like the other skinny riders can.

Hickeydog said:
I ride my bike like a maniac. I put about 8,000 miles each year on my bike. I do about 250 miles a week from April until December. Once the salt hits the road, I hit the rollers. I'm still at 195, which isn't bad considering my height (6'4"), but it would be nice to get down to 170 or so. I just can't climb hills like the other skinny riders can.

I feel ya there. I was 185 racing mountain bikes against guys that weigh 135. Luckily I'm a great technical/downhill rider so I always caught them as long as there wasn't a climb near the finish line.

I run up a flight of stairs carrying my 2 egg sausage and cheese omelet every morning then sit in my truck eating an Ultimate Cheeseburger at lunch the running up the steps again. :drool:

(No, really!)

At 6 am my kids start working me out. Dad pick me up. Dad put me down. Dad up. Dad down. up down up down up down. Set 1 done.

At 6 am my kids start working me out. Dad pick me up. Dad put me down. Dad up. Dad down. up down up down up down. Set 1 done.

Ha! You have to pick yours up? You poor bastid. I just hold my arms open and mine just jump on me. :lmao: Makes it easier on the back.

Photography is a great way to stay in shape! And for a greater challenge I combine photography with a kid!

I can carry the kid around!
315634_10100371510871270_23921371_49662863_545608285_n.jpg

Or I can carry all the crap around!
309316_10100371415587220_23921371_49662245_108982071_n.jpg

I dont. I eat like a pig and stay slim. When my waist size reach 36, maybe I will start exercising LOL.

That's exactly how I was...until I hit menopause (surgically induced) and the metabolism came to a screeching halt!

How do I stay in shape? Well, when you're MY shape, it's really not that hard. :lol:

The few times a year I decide to get serious, I mostly just drink tons of water (which I do anyway, diet or no), cut out 90% of my snacking, and walk every day.
I never *really* "diet"...count calories, eliminate carbs, all that stuff. But several times a year, I do a "Daniel Diet" for between 10 and 3 weeks. It's just giving up everything except fruits, veggies and grains (in other words, anything grown from seed), and drinking only water for a short period of time.
I usually lose 5-10 pounds just doing that and walking a little.

Then, I usually gain it back a few months later. ;)

Fitness is a huge hobby of mine.

I recently lost about 70lbs. And it really didn't click with me until I truly learned that it's 80% diet / 20% exercise. Once I really adopted this motto, I started running AND keeping my diet in check.The weight completely melted off of me. Then about 45 lbs down, I hit a plateau, and tried HCG (the real kind) and I lost another 16lbs in one week. Yes, you read that correctly.

But to stay in shape, I didn't buy into the Men's Fitness hype about constantly lifting weights to lose fat, I just weight trained my core and kept the idea that cardio is king.

Always doing something. Skiing of course but now that I am in the country I have even more to do. Shovelling out my (12 car)driveway or getting the ice off it. Chopping wood by the cord. Bringing in or taking out the dock. Manhandling trailers. Moving a fridge up a substantial hill at the back of my place and then into my truck and out to the dump. Putting a deck together and fixing another one. Putting in a stone walkway. Swimming in the summer. Manhandling a boat totally out of the water onto shore when it gets rough. Cutting the lawn up and down the hills every week in the spring, summer, and fall.

I have lost 7 pounds and have become more fit, according to others.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back