What do you offer in your wedding packages?

I agreed with Big Mike. I create 3 simple package for clients to pick. First package is basic, 2nd is the one I get clients to book the most, 3rd package since I created a better 3 package set up, I've only had a few that got the 3rd package.

First package is what lure people in because I posted on my website, Our Limited Photography Collection begins at $$. The other side of it is business, communication. If you're good with people, and know how to make them feel comfortable and trust you, that's a huge plus. I think that's why some really good photographers/business fail because they didn't make a good first impression and not a good at communication. Then it's selling them to get the higher package, in most cases the 2nd package. It's the most profitable and less work than the 3rd package. If you're dealing with higher end clients, most likely they will get the higher package with the album. You want to price your package on what photographers around you who are in your price bracket, skills, and etc. Get to know your competition packages and how they structure it is also a great way to base yours own on. You don't want to overprice, and you don't want to price too low either.

1st package - Up to 8 Hours coverage.
2nd Package - Up to 9 or 10 hours coverage depends on which one you want to use, Engagement Session, and Wedding album.
3rd Package - Up to 10 hours coverage, Engagement Session, Guestbook album, thicker/better wedding album, Canvas Print.

So you try to sell the 2nd package and why they should get it. Most couple think their wedding is 8 hours, and we don't need to be there during morning prep to get all the details of the dress, rings, and etc. Instead of them getting the first package with 8 hours, and then pay additional 1 or 2 hours of coverage, they can get the 2nd package and also have an engagement session, and wedding book.

You want to price your package on what photographers around you who are in your price bracket, skills, and etc. Get to know your competition packages and how they structure it is also a great way to base yours own on. You don't want to overprice, and you don't want to price too low either.

I have to disagree, you shouldnt base your prices on others around you since they are probably doing the same. You should figure out your cost of doing business and go from there. If you are good you can charge what you want, if you are a better business person you can charge more it seems. :)

Ive also noticed you can get all the wedding pictures you need in about 5 hours, plus a couple more hours for the rehearsal. an hour before the wedding to get the getting ready shots, 2 hours for the ceremony if that much, an hour after the wedding for the group shots and an hour at the reception to get the dance, cake, etc.

You want to price your package on what photographers around you who are in your price bracket, skills, and etc. Get to know your competition packages and how they structure it is also a great way to base yours own on. You don't want to overprice, and you don't want to price too low either.

I have to disagree, you shouldnt base your prices on others around you since they are probably doing the same. You should figure out your cost of doing business and go from there. If you are good you can charge what you want, if you are a better business person you can charge more it seems. :)

Ive also noticed you can get all the wedding pictures you need in about 5 hours, plus a couple more hours for the rehearsal. an hour before the wedding to get the getting ready shots, 2 hours for the ceremony if that much, an hour after the wedding for the group shots and an hour at the reception to get the dance, cake, etc.

I mention that you price it within the same skills level competitor, not every single photographers around you. It's about testing the market, if you price it too high and you don't get clients, then you have to lower it. If you price too low, and a lot of people starts booking you, it's time to raise the price. You have know how you can maximize profit and continue to get clients. If you're a good business/people person, yes you can price your rate higher than others, and still continue to get clients consistently. But if you're just starting off a 3 packages, and don't know how to first market yourself, you should know competitor who's with the same skills set, portfolio, and etc. and see what's their rate, what they're offering and etc. I'm saying it's a good start, not to fully base your rates with theirs. Let's say right now your base package is $3000 per wedding for 8 hours. You want to find other competitor who's charging around $3,000. Are you booking clients consistently? Are they booking consistently? Most photographers have Facebook Fanpage and update it often whenever they finished a wedding, they would usually post a sneak peak album. If you see they are posting one every week or every other week, you know they're doing well. If you're not booking consistently, and they are at the same rates, you should realize maybe you should lower your rate, or better market yourself. If you both are, maybe it's time to raise the price because people are willing to pay.

I'm not sure how it works over there, do they only pay you guys for the hours that you guys actually work? Our time starts at the beginning of the day til' the end of the night. Even if there's downtime, eating, whatever, it's still time being charge. There's so many business aspect and tactics that goes into wedding photography that there's too much to discuss, but if you're good at what you do, and most importantly good business person, you'll do well.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is helpful to you but i charge $500 because i am new to shooting weddings. I include with that 4x6 proof prints with white boarder, dvd with image scans and the original negatives after they have ordered their wedding album. Right now i do not include the wedding album in the price. So far out of my two clients neither has wanted one. I also include a copy o. The DVD " laugh your way to a better marriage"

Cheers!

Most reactions

Back