What do you shoot on a rainy day?

On rainy days, I see if I can get a good shot of anything from a window with my Polarizing filter in front of my moms P&S (gets annoying sometimes)

If I cant get an interesting shot (usually I dont) I go onto the computor and catch up on editing all of my moms pictures (hundreds. then I have 150 of the dream cruise I took that I need to finish *sigh*)

1. Reply to IP: still live photographs.

2. Reply to question two posts back:

"I'm strictly an amateur so I also have a quetion re: inclement (?) weather. It was very overcast on Saturday at DS Bday party. My pics were not sharp at all. They weren't blurry, just not sharp. I had that problem at dusk also on Halloween night. Any suggestions? The flash was going off at times. I really like sharp pics so any help will be most appreciated."

First guess, if you are using a digital camera, would be that you are using a high ISO setting, either by choice or automatically.

1. Reply to IP: still live photographs.

First guess, if you are using a digital camera, would be that you are using a high ISO setting, either by choice or automatically.

Would have to go and check camera setting. Yes. It is always set the same way. But, my sunny and indoor pictures turn out very sharp.

lookup the OPTech raincover - its cheap and a good raincover for a DSLR (they now make one that will also cover a speedlite flash as well). It also lets you still see all you controls as well - many raincovers cover up all the kit and can be fiddly = not to mention very expensive.

After reading this thread and being out in the rainy weather several times trying to shoot...I just order the raincover. Can't wait for it to come. It's raining today too. blah

My camera "raincoat" came the other day. I must say the thing is HUGE!! With a lot of extra plastic that bundles all up when installed on the camera. Are there different sizes to get? Did I get the wrong size or something? It just seems so big.

Most reactions

Back