What's new

What do you think of these shots?


I think more thought about the angle of the light was in order, or the use of some fill lighting.
I globally capture sharpened in ACR and increased the Clarity slider.
In Photoshop:
I cropped a little off the right side of the image.
I have added exposure to the baby by selecting (Quick Select Tool) the baby (saved selection), making a new layer with the selection active (CTRL-J), changing the blending mode of the new layer to Screen, and reducing the layer Opacity to 25%.
I retrieved the baby selection but checked the Invert option so everything except the baby was selected. With that selection active I added a neutral density gradient from the top of the image to the babies knees.
I then selectively sharpened the babies face, hat, fingers, neck are, using the Sharpening Tool set to 65%, Protect Details.
I then used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to select the eye whites and iris. With that selection active I made an Exposure Adjustment Layer and increased the exposure 0.25 EV.
I then used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to select the babies lips. With that selection active I made a Color Balance Adjustment Layer, subtracted some Magenta, and added some Red.
I flattened all the layers, duplicated the Background Layer (Ctrl-J) and clicked on Filter > Topaz Adjust.
I used Topaz Adjust's Photo Pop preset on that new layer and faded the preset to 25%.
Lastly I added a thin black border (Image > Canvas Size)

image.jpg
Wow that completely changed the picture! Thanks for the help! I am going to have to learn a bit about editing..
 
Really need to straighten the horizons in the background. He's rolling downhill to the right.
 
The horizon may not be level in real life.
Plus, since his left hand (camera right) is on the ground and his right arm is in the air, his posture gibes with the angle in the background.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom