What's new

What do you think of this night shot?

Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
395
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago, IL USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying different settings.

DSC_0069-Edit.jpg
 
Lovely - apart from the boat at the bottom.... spoils the crispness of everything else IMO...
 
Lovely - apart from the boat at the bottom.... spoils the crispness of everything else IMO...
yea I see what you mean. the shutter was open for only 2 seconds. maybe I should have done it longer to get the streaking effect of the lights on the boat. now it just looks blurry. I really thought this was going to be a "money" shot :) I was close.
 
Very close I'd say! I suppose you could always re-create when the boats not there???
 
You could also try going later at night...I haven't had a ton of experience with skyline/night shots, but it looks like you went at around dusk. If you go at like 11 or so, the lights seem a lot more vibrant. But still, an excellent shot.
 
I would actually recommend going earlier. IMO, the best time for night shots at this time of year is right between 8:30PM to 9:10PM or so (depending on when the sun sets), as the sky gets a deep blue. It really is a beautiful color to have in your shots. I usually consult this page and try to shoot in the time from about 10 minutes after Sunset until before Civil Twilight ends.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom