what do you think

chaotickass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i just got a new camera and it is a point and shoot. not ready for a slr just yet. need to get my photography better. what do you think of this picture....

DSCN0021.jpg

i find it slightly boring.. background is unappealing, the foreground oof object is distracting, and the image seems softtt..

DBJ,
how would you improve it?

Kassie

Last edited:
Chaotickass

What camera is it?

nikon coolpix l110. it's a point and shoot, but it's supposed to be borderline slr. it has a bigger lens then the other ones i've had. it's supposed to have built in filters but i can't find them. i have only had the camera for a week or so.

The photo you posted looks like mini marshmallows on a pine tree.. with a fence in the background. It's not very sharp, the blurry branch on top is a bit distracting - looks like there was no post processing done, just a jpeg straight out of the camera..

But that's not a big deal, because you're new to the hobby. Don't let a negative comment get to you, (most) people who give you harsh criticism are usually pretty knowledgeable and will end up giving you the best advice.

You've got a decent point and shoot, reminds me of my fuji..

There are two things a beginner needs to do (in my opinion) to become decent at photography. The first is to use their camera in manual mode, read the manual, and learn how to control your exposure. A good book everyone recommends is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson (sp?).

The second is to understand composition, which you could learn from a book as well, but you'll be surprised what you may pick up on lurking in this and other photography forums.

Stick with your camera for a bit and be patient, you can produce nice images with what you have.

Here's an amazon link if anyone wants to check specs for the camera: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-L110-Vibration-Reduction-Red/dp/B0036ORZBE]Amazon.com: Nikon Coolpix L110 12 MP Digital Camera with 15x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD…[/ame]

a few days ago. it is a pine tree with the marshemellow things on them, i didn't have anything interesting to take an interesting pic as I don't have a car right now to get anywhere except after hubs gets home from work. i want to go to this creek down the road from us and take some time to get some pictures there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back