What do you think...

NikonNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I go to this park a lot, I take my kids, it's a real pretty place.
I just noticed this...I wanted to take a pic of it, because it's certainly making a statement-this park is often visited by upper class white people, because there is a small zoo here, however it's mostly surrounded by a not so great neighborhood. I wanted it to say something, my dtr is only 4 and can't read but she was standing on the tracks looking at it and I thought I'd take a pic of that, because she was upset that someone "painted this old pretty bridge"...the picture didn't come out as I planned, so I'm thinking of going back and trying it again, and maybe making it into a black and white...if I can figure the angle I want to take it...thats what I'm asking...would what I'm decribing sound like it would make an interesting photo? It spoke to me...but I failed to capture it :( I put the graffitti pic 1st and the one I took because she was looking at it...but at the time I didnt think to keep taking them...it was in the moment.
and yes it's terribly over exposed...the second one :confused:
DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

I'm thinking about going back and trying it again. Your thoughts?

Everything you want to say needs to be said in the photo. It's that simple. So if you want a pic with your daughter reading the words, then a good angle would be from behind her, on her level, with the focus on the words so they are crisp and clear, and the depth of field such that your daughter is blurred, but not unrecognizably.

I just kind of visioned this, after I read this.
Everything you want to say needs to be said in the photo. It's that simple. So if you want a pic with your daughter reading the words, then a good angle would be from behind her, on her level, with the focus on the words so they are crisp and clear, and the depth of field such that your daughter is blurred, but not unrecognizably.
Not impressed with this above quote.

5213500987_d117fc3cf7.jpg

Yes, I'm afraid it's true. NikonNewbie does indeed, rock.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back