What's new

what do you think?

LeoM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 14, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Philippines
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, I've been shooting for almost a month now.obviously im a beginner and im still trying to figure out how things work,. Im using 60d with 50mm f1.8. :)
critics are welcome.



$IMG_2303 copy.webp$IMG_2301 copy.webp
 
Quite dark and nothing in sharp focus. Look at your histogram, that's what it's on your camera for, and it will show you on-the-spot when things are underexposed or overexposed. As to the focus, zoom in on your preview and look closely when you need to. Both of these have somewhat interesting composition but the lack of sharp focus hurts them more than the underexposure.
 
thanks Craig, I've been dealing with this soft focus for a while now and i still can't figure out how to fix this while shooting on manual focus. but somehow when i view it on the view finder, it appears to be sharp.
 
Leo, what camera are you using? Focus is such low light is something that I've had trouble with too but I don't try to use manual focus.
 
Im using canon 60d with 50mm f1.8 lens. and i've notice that i've got a lot of images that is not quite sharp, does my nearsightedness affect my images? haha.
 
thanks Craig, I've been dealing with this soft focus for a while now and i still can't figure out how to fix this while shooting on manual focus. but somehow when i view it on the view finder, it appears to be sharp.

My recommendation would be to stop trying to use manual focus, especially in low-light situations. Your camera can see much better than you can and you need to learn to trust it. Also, those were shot at f/1.8 so you've got no depth of field to work with so the focus has to be dead on the money or you're going to miss it. Like my instructor pilot told me when I started my instrument pilot training, "First thing you've got to do is learn to trust your instruments."
 
I know this was said already but it's quite dark. I don't even know what the picture is. The angle it's taken looks cool.

Nice set up though with the 60d and 50mm 1.8
 
thanks craig. I definitely learned from you, surely my next shoots will be better.
 
I know this was said already but it's quite dark. I don't even know what the picture is. The angle it's taken looks cool.

Nice set up though with the 60d and 50mm 1.8


thanks john, that was a tire hub.
 
Leo,

You have it marked as ok to edit. So If you don't mind, I did a little LR4 editing and here is what I came up with.

$IMG_2301 copy.webp
 
haha yes it's ok. thanks ronlane,i appreciate it. nice touch.
 
If you have the need to manual focus use the viewfinder instead of the screen and hold the shutter button half way down and turn the focus ring, when it is in focus the red light will come on at focus points then shoot the picture.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom