What does everyone shoot with?

I shoot with the AK47 I found in the trunk of a friends car back in 92, while living in South Africa. Good thing I was pregnant at the time I came through customs back to the US, they rarely check pregnant women, even if the baby looks like an assult rifle.

When that does not work, I use my Canon 60D. Hopefully I don't kill anyone this Mardi Gras down on Bourbon St. with it.

I use (in order of how often I use them) a Canon 1N RS, Fujifilm GF670, and Olympus XA. I have other cameras (and digital ones too), but I don't use them much.

Jesse11 said:
Just gauging what everyone else shoots with. Myself I use a Canon T3 with some package lenses. Nothing too special. When I feel more comfortable with myself as a photographer i'll upgrade. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else uses.:sexywink:

What are you casing the joint? Seeing who would be the best "mark"? ;) just kidding :)
I shoot with an AK47 with a bayonet. A couple of 22s and a shotgun occasionally :) I gave my son my compound bow because I haven't had time to really use it for awhile.

I photograph with:
D3, d2x and d300
14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 50 1.4, 60 2.8 micro and 1.7 tc. I am constantly upgrading and selling old stuff so it changes often. Other toys include full lens baby set up, speed lights, extension tubes etc..

Canon 400D, 7D and somewhere in a box a Mamiya RB67 (I'll use it --- when its not like a darn icebox outside*)

mamiya C330, Zorki 4, EOS5, 1Dmk2,5D,1Dmk1 and some of the top L lenses

I could have sworn you had a 1DmkIII - sounds like its time for a 1DmkIV!

*I wouldn't want to slip on ice and hurt the camera!

I shoot with a 7D and when that doesn't stop the action I use my Tommy gun ! lol

My sig and here's a shot of the oldies i like to use

SRW_2513.jpg

I just upgraded from a T3 with a few cheaper lenses to a Pentax K-5 with 18-135mm WR and I'm very happy with my decision. I've taken a few hundred pictures so far and the difference in quality from the T3 is night and day.

I used to bowhunt with an old Browning recurve composite about thirty years ago... now I don't even know if Browning stills makes bows!

lol thats cool! Yeah they still do well at least a couple years ago they did. : ) My family used to run a sporting goods business

Great! Good to know that! I always loved the recurves.. although they don't have the speed or convenience of modern compounds.. was something of a traditionalist back then. Even tried the English Longbow for a while.. that was fun!

I have a friend that makes longbows and another that is an armourer, these old crafts must never die

Browning Stainless Stalker in .300 Win mag.

Mine is a 30-06
Also,
A stainless Defender
An eastern block single shot 22
A Winchester model 94
My grandfathers 20 gauge goose gun.

BTW: I think the OP was hoping for camera choices, but didn't we already have this question in the last couple of weeks.

Already have my concealed weapons permit license thingy so I'm looking in to a Glock, Smith & Wesson or Springfield XD. On the subject now I shoot with my Nikon D5100, 18-55mm and Nikon SB-700 Speedlight flash.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back