What does it mean

ryyback

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You can participate by regular mail or on-line via
Photo Life’s Web site at Photo Life :: HOME - Current Issue (all pertinent instructions
for on-line submissions are indicated there). All entries submitted by regular mail must include the following:

PRINTS
Traditional or digital, black and white or colour. Print size: 5 x 7” min. to 8 1⁄2 x 11” max. If submitting digital
prints, high-resolution files (2700 x 3600 pixels) on CD are also required, along with the prints.

Hi all,
I am alittle confused here, can someone shed some light please?
I am thinking of going into this contest just for kicks and giggles and don't get this part-
PRINTS Traditional or digital, black and white or colour. Print size: 5 x 7” min. to 8 1⁄2 x 11” max. If submitting digital
prints, high-resolution files (2700 x 3600 pixels) on CD are also required, along with the prints. -I would guess Traditional is paper and Digital is CD right?
Thanks a bunch-:)

It sounds like you have to submit prints, and a CD with the full-res files if it was shot with a digital camera (not sure why they need that...).

I don't get it either, seems really weird.
I just wanted to see if everyone else was reading it like I was.

It sounds like they judge the images from the prints (ergo allowing both digital and traditional entries to stand a fair chance against each other) but when it comes to winners they want to be able to use the image for promotion purposes and other reasons (as outlined in their TC which after a quick look though seem fair). With the CD they can just grab the images from there rather than having to scan them into a computer from the print - degrading the image quality a bit.

terms and conditions found here:
Canadian Geographic Photo Club - Canada's photography community
go down to copywrite notice and read.

Most reactions

Back