What does music mean to you?

a lot. :D
I couldn't live without it!
Makes me happy when i am sad, sometimes makes me sad when i'm happy (not always a negative thing)...it can symbolise specific moments in life, it can create specific moments, it can subdue me or it can energise me. It helps me think, helps me work and sometimes helps me stop thinking and working :D
I'm a big fan of lots of different types of music... there is usually a facet or point in my life that will relate to a particular style of music...

but could do without the bands that take themselves too seriously... or make the kind of gangster 'I'm better than you and I'll kill anyone who disagrees with me' attitude kind of music as i have no aspect in my life for that to relate to.

I just can't make it myself. :D

music is a way to exress normal emotion on a higher level.

music is a way to express what you feel when there are no words for it.

md

captain-spanky said:
often wondered if that is Zac de la Rocha in your avatar mister dowdey... and I've also often wondered if you are, in fact, dowdy, mister dowdey? :D (no offence intended btw..)

yes my good man, thats zach, and my name is matthew dowdey...but you can call me evil overlord of earth..or matt will be fine.

md

Music is the heart poured out into sound and poetry and fed back into the soul :love:

We are beings that love it so much because it makes the intangible ...tangible ... it takes our inner world and puts it into beautiful ( or sad )words and sounds.

Thats why I love dancing as much as I do .....with all that inner stuff goin on , cant have the body feelin left out eh ;)

Simple! Music is life's sweetest noise.

An expression of the human soul.

Gotta have it.

I can't do it, though. If it left to me I guess we'd all still be beating rocks with sticks. :wink: So I am enamored of those who can give me that gift, from ringing classical to screaming grunge rock. If there's a human emotion that has not been set to music I don't know what it could be. :D

no... I don't like listening to music every day... I turn on my radio in a car, but hardly ever in my room... I love silece. HOWEVER... there are moments when I need to:
1. unwind - then I listen to my favourite songs of some Polish guys and old rock... from early 80's or late 70's.
2. get angry - then I listen to rammstein :)

I do like... classics... yeah... it may sound strange but I do like it, but I have t feel it.. that it's the time for listening to classics... I'm weird I know :p

I can live without music heard everyday. But sometimes I need it.

mentos_007 said:
I do like... classics... yeah... it may sound strange but I do like it, but I have t feel it.. that it's the time for listening to classics... I'm weird I know :p

No, not weird! :lol: Different. Classical music has so much to offer, I can't think of more than a few 'contemporary' styles that can still be alive and well in one or two hundred years.

With classical music, it takes one more than a listening or two in order to 'feel' it. And no, one does not have to 'understand' it, it's either you like listening to it or you don't. There are so many misconceptions about it nowadays.

While I am a classical musician, I also enjoy the other genres, from rock to jazz, ethnic to new age.

MDowdey said:
but you can call me evil overlord of earth...

md

I think that should be your new tagline!

Music is a huge part of my life. I always have the radio on in the car and music playing when I'm at the computer. For me it's about feelings, certain songs remind me of events, or just make me happy.

Music is intrinsic to life it'self. It is a part of us in a primeval way. It effects us on a subconsious level as much as the consious levels.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back