What dslr to buy?

Robbo6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I I'm looking at buying my first slr.I'm looking at the nikon d7000 and the canon 60d.could anyone recommend which one is better and why.cheers :)

No one here will be able to tell you which camera would be best for you. The best thing to do is go to a store that has both of them, get them in hand and play around with them for a while, and see which one feels the best to you.

What Natalie said.

Have a "play" with both of them, consider your budget and what line of lenses you would want to go for, as well as what features etc you are after.

Most of all - enjoy, and welcome.

Yes, definitely try both of them and see which logistically works better for you. Both Canon and Nikon produce solid products so you really can't go wrong with either. Remember though, you're buying not just that camera but into a system. When it's time to upgrade you'll have a collection of lenses, etc. that are designed to work for that brand of camera so you'll need to stick to that brand unless you want to replace all that was well....that's why people who start as Nikon shooters mostly stay Nikon shooter and vice-versa. Also, before you go to a store have an idea of prices....many stores will price match on-line and if you're taking the salesperson's time showing you the cameras (and you're happy with how they treat you) then if you're buying you should buy from them. (in my opinion.)

Thanks guys I will do as much research as I can before rushing in to buy one.Very difficult to choose between the two models,I will go to a store and hopefully that will make my mind up.cheers :)

I will go to a store and hopefully that will make my mind up.cheers :)

I was torn years and years ago when I was choosing between Nikon and Canon as well. I had no clue how to use a DSLR. I still remember to this day... This was when D40's were still being sold brand new in stores (at least around here), I went into Circuit City, picked up a couple of them, and when I went to use the Nikon D40, it instantly felt right in my hands. The controls were so easy to use. I've been stuck on Nikon's since!

In an independent comparison of image sensors, the D7000 beats snot out of the 60D, particularly when it comes to Dynamic Range and high ISO performance:

DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side

However, if image quality is not a primary concern for you, be sure and compare each cameras features and functions.

Most reactions

Back