What features should I look for in a Wacom Tablet?

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am thinking of buying a tablet to use with PS but the prices vary from very affordable (under $70 for some of the Bamboo units) to mid $350+ range and up from there for the high end stuff that KmH likes to use. I don't need to spend $3,500 on one of those. I'm not sure which price point is a good "entry point" for this type of hardware.

I know nothing about these, so I thought I'd ask the experts....

What drives the price? Can you "outgrow" a low end one?

Looking for any any comments. Thanks for reading.

I have the Intious 5 touch...I mighta spelled that wrong but I use the thing constantly. Takes some getting used to but once you do it's very nice. ~$350

Maybe you can find a used one for a better price? Amazon?

Size is probably the main issue IMO. Bigger is better, but do you have space for it on your work desk, so that you can use it in a comfortable position. No point getting a big one, if you don't use it because it's not comfortable.

I have the smallest Bamboo and because I have a corner desk with a hutch on the right side, I barely have any space for it.

They have them at Best Buy. Go look at them to see how big they really are. Mike is right, if your desk is small the large would be hard to fit.

They have them at Best Buy. Go look at them to see how big they really are. Mike is right, if your desk is small the large would be hard to fit.

Kat, I read that the medium is really a good size to use because of how big the large one really is...

Yeah your hand is moving all over that board, so a large board means your hand is doing a lot more moving. I got the medium and find it fits good. I was worried about the small one just being a bit to small for detail work, so I went medium and love it. I don't use the features on it much, its the bamboo version. but I don't think id ever go back to using a mouse.

The usual way that people have their tablet set up (I think) is so that the area of the tablet, represents the area of the screen (Absolute setting, I think) This is great for larger tablets, but it didn't work at all for my smaller one, so I changed the setting to 'relative', just like a mouse. Not as good for general computing and various tasks...but gives me more control for fine detail type stuff, which is really most of what I do with it.

Question, are there only certain models that will work with LR or will any of them? (JW, not intended to hi-jack your thread, but to enhance it with other wacom questions.)

Question, are there only certain models that will work with LR or will any of them? (JW, not intended to hi-jack your thread, but to enhance it with other wacom questions.)

Not at all. Good question, amigo!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back