What frustrates me is that I don't capture colors and light exactly as I see it

So I do like the larger viewfinder on the d7000, but don't know if that justifies the extra mula for me right now (I am a beginner also). How much of a pain is it to have to go into the menu to adjust ISO, white balance, etc, on the D5100?

Thank you all!

P.S. I did try the 7000 at a local store here in Maine and I really liked it over the 5100, BUT I think I could live with the 5100 for a couple years .... maybe.

Just for your information, you don't have to go menu diving to change ISO, shutter speed and aperture when shooting in manual mode on the d5100. You have a single command wheel which controls shutter speed alone. In combination with pressing another top button it controls aperture, and you can assign a shortcut button to press which will allow you to control the ISO when pressed in combination with the same command wheel. I owned the d5100 for almost six months and it was enough to shoot in manual quickly but now owning the d7000 I have better access to controls but it's not really a night and day difference like most people make it out to be. If you get the d5100 you'll be happy with it and it will produce outstanding images, same as the d7000 produces.

Most reactions

Back