What graphics tablet should I buy?

sjg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a 25" (approx) screen mac and for years i have used the mouse with tiny 20" long lead supplied. I have really bad RSI! Is it worth buying a graphics tablet with pen? SOmeone suggested Wacom but I noticed than the ones around £150-£250 (my price bracket) come with Elements - I dont understand why. I have Photoshop CS3 and CS4 and use them extensively for very detailed portrait work almost daily. Or is it better to get a wireless mouse - mac type? Any suggestions welcome. My hand hurts so much I cant work. Sarah

I recently purchased the little Wacom bamboo and it's been great for detail edits. It doesn't take up a lot of room and doesn't cost a fortune.

I found it hard to beat the Wacom Intuos 4 medium size pen tablet. Wacom has now introduced the Wacom Intuos5 Touch Medium Pen Tablet (PTH650)

You can still get the Intuos 4 - Wacom Intuos4 Medium Pen Tablet

Wacom is the industry standard.

I did beat the Intuos 4 Medium though, by upgrading to a Wacom Cintiq 24HD Graphic Monitor (CINTIQ24HD)

Here is my image editing workstation when I had the Intuos 4 Medium so you can see how much desk space it takes up:
WrkStatn1-2-10_0028.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I recently bought a tablet from fries electronics. Its a great little thing. I got it for about 200 bucks but it's worth it.

I use the small Bamboo with pen and a 20" screen and love it. It's small, and works great!

Wacom Intuos 4 Medium here.

As for Elements coming bundled with some tablets, it's not uncommon to see Elements bundled with all kinds of related hardware or software, actually. I've gotten it several times over the years that way. I just give them away to folks that I think could use them.

I picked up the wacom bamboo in medium about 2 months ago and have not regretted the purchase at all. Has made things allot easier for me. I use it for CS5

Most reactions

New Topics

Back