What camera should i buy

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Hampus Hall, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Hampus Hall

Hampus Hall TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello, im a beginer photographer/filmmaker and would like some tips on what camera to buy. I work on a golfcourse and would like to take some nice pictures/videos on everything here. I like to travel and scuba dive and would like to use the camera when i do thoose things aswell.

I've been looking on buying a gopro but my question is : Am i loosing alot of photo/videoquality if i buy a gopro. Should I instead of buying a gopro go for more of a dslr to get better quality videos and photos or will the gopro work for this?

I plan on making nice cinematic videos of the golf course early morning and late afternoon. My photo/videoskills are not that good so i dont need anything fancy.

If you have any recomendations or tips feel free to leave a reply.

Thanks / H

2. Jeff15

Jeff15 TPF junkie!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello and welcome, I see you are into scuba. Do you intend to take the camera underwater.....?

3. Hampus Hall

Hampus Hall TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Not necessarily. If i "loose" to much image-quality by going for a gopro i could just go for a non-waterproof camera.

4. Raw photographer

Raw photographer No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1. Hmm, something like the Canon sl2 or maybe the Canon T7i, they are some budget cameras, as for the lens you will probably want something fairly wide. Something like the basic kit lens 18-55 mm is a fantastic starter, you can always upgrade later on. You may also look at getting something used to save money. I don't think the GoPro would be good for smooth cinematic footage, but hey won't know till ya try.

5. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    how much money do you want to spend?

6. chuasam

chuasam Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

If you told me to go to a golf course and get amazing photos, I would go get a DJI Mavic 2 Pro
    all done!

• Agree Agree x 1