What happened to my precious roll???

bazpaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, i just shot roll number three from my Minolta SRT Super and for some reason its screwed up. Hopefully you guys can tell me why. now i shot a roll a few weeks before and everything turned out fine.

in many of the shots there this white burst, is it reflection or something OR is it crappy film processing... i think the camera works fine!! Now i did get this roll developed at a cheap Indonesian photo shop. But they sell camera's and do large prints and stuff so i thought they would be decent.

A weird thing happens in the pics up to the white burst... the camera did this mirror lock up feature (happened after pic 1 below) so when you look through the viewfinder you just see black. then the aperture ring wasnt working properly......soon after the lock-up released (somehow) and i think from then on i had this white "burst" in my shots!! .......i hope this helps

HELP experts please!!! im so pissed off these are images i'll never get back

Number 1
00160006.jpg

Number 2
07.jpg

Number 3

00160008.jpg

Number 4
00160027.jpg

Last edited:
^^That. The mirror lock up is from a dead battery. Replace the battery and your light seals.

The first few rolls were probably fine because the seals were dry-rotted but hadn't been moved, but from firing the mirror and opening the door to change film the seals were disturbed and fell apart.

Really wOw that's weird... I thought the lockup was fully mechanical. Why does it need a battery? I thought the battery was used solely for metering.

The thing is, I read on flick that they don't make this mobiles battery anymore. Is there another type of battery I can get?

Finally is replacing the light seals a common task for a camera. Repair man? If I bring it into a shop here in Indonesia I want to make sure it gets done correctly

Thanks very much for your expert help

The mirror lock-up on the SRT Super is fully mechanical. Everything is
mechanical except the meter.

Mirror cycling problems on the SRT models are pretty common. The cause of
the stuck mirror could be as simple as gummy mirror cushion foam or a more
serious issue requiring mechanical service. Mirror cushion foam suffers the
same degradation that the light seals do and is usually replaced at the same
time as the seals.

BTW, not all SRT Supers have the mirror lockup feature. Minolta omitted it
from the later cameras in the series though the model name was unchanged.

I thought the Super SRT's were like the Nikon FG. Well that's good to know I've been wanting one for a while.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back