What I learned from my first Photo Walk

StringThing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went for my first Photo Walk this past Saturday as part of the WorldWide Photo Walk 2011.

This is what I've learned from the experience:

1. There are some really nice people living in my city with the same interests as me.
  2. A group of many people will "see" things around them in many different ways. I learned a great deal from watching others compose and take photos; watching them walk off to take stunning photos of a subject I wouldn't even have considered.
  3. It's much easier to stop, lie down on the ground in a public area and compose a photo of a flower when 30 other people are doing the same.
  4. Many Canadian Geese, Ducks and Herons congregated in one area amount to a whole lot of bird poop!
Here are a few of my favourites from the day, please let me know what you think, how I could have improved them, etc.

1:

Watery grave by stringthing68, on Flickr

2:

Twisted by stringthing68, on Flickr

3:

Getting cold by stringthing68, on Flickr

It's much easier to stop, lie down on the ground in a public area and compose a photo of a flower when 30 other people are doing the same.

This is definitely one of the best things about going out shooting with a group.

Nice work on the first photo (others don't really grab me) - love the composition and the color against the dark background.

I'm just learning so no Critique but I will comment.. Beautiful! I especially love the fact that in the second one, the tree follows the branch. It makes it so smooth.

Most reactions

Back