The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
what is it with people who post these little pictures? and yet want criticism.

lots of PP, fancy borders, fancy logos but the posted picture is about 400 pixels wide.

who can see detail at that size.

jeeeez

Maybe you are actually being asked to critique the watermarks, which seem to take up about half the image sometimes. That's one of my pet slight-irritations at the moment. There is just no way for them to not be distracting. I keep imagining Migrant Mother with "_DLANGE_" stamped over her face.

Of course, that could just be a cover for my plans to steal everyone else's photos :O

Of course, that could just be a cover for my plans to steal everyone else's photos :O

Everyone knows that if it's posted on the Internet then it's copyright free and in the public domain. That's what the Internet is all about, isn't it? :mrgreen:

PS: If people post pictures to get a crit but you think the picture is too small or marred by watermarks, signatures or borders the answer is simple. Ignore it and move on to the next picture.

Works for me.

If people post pictures to get a crit but you think the picture is too small or marred by watermarks, signatures or borders the answer is simple. Ignore it and move on to the next picture.

If people do things out of unfamiliarity or ignorance, trying to help them past this point is part of helping them.

If people do things out of unfamiliarity or ignorance, trying to help them past this point is part of helping them.

But still it appears to annoy you. I was making the point that if something annoys you then just ignore it. If you don't you will lose patience and lose your temper and that won't do anyone any good.
As for helping people to 'get past this point'. If they are happy doing it then do they really need help? By trying to wean people off doing this sort of thing you are not so much helping them as imposing your view of how things should be done. Mention it in passing by all means but let them grow out of it in their own time. Or not.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him think.
But what do I know? ;)

But still it appears to annoy you. I was making the point that if something annoys you then just ignore it. If you don't you will lose patience and lose your temper and that won't do anyone any good.
As for helping people to 'get past this point'. If they are happy doing it then do they really need help? By trying to wean people off doing this sort of thing you are not so much helping them as imposing your view of how things should be done. Mention it in passing by all means but let them grow out of it in their own time. Or not.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him think.
But what do I know? ;)

I may dislike the practice but I give each individual the benefit of the doubt and so I tell them why I think what they are doing actually hurts their efforts. If they persist then I chalk them off as ineducable and do pass them by.

I attempt to change their point of view, much as you are attempting to change mine.

Most reactions

Back