What's new

What is my lens really good at?

Hello,
This was my absolute first time with the camera (I tried pulling the flash up, till I was asked to stop unless I want to break my new camera :( :-P)... Am I missing something here? or am I trying to do too much too soon?
The flash issue indicates you haven't completely read the users manual yet, which is highly, highly, recommended.

Yes, I think you are trying to do to much to soon.

Yes I realised that, going to take it slow and steady now, and see how things go. I was getting a little excited because I've been a wildlife writer for a couple of years, been traveling and covering the Indian forests, and always wanted to be able to document and complement it with good photographs, but didn't have a camera. I'm supposed to be leaving for another trip down south in about 10 days, and I guess I wanted to learn all I could before that.

Pretty foolish it seems now, going to take it easy, and see how it goes, Thanks a lot all of you :)

Also, another thing, should I be shooting in RAW format? or JPEG H is alright?
And, I haven't yet connected my camera to my laptop as I was asked not to. I use a MMC reader. So I haven't even tried putting those CD's that I got alongwith the camera inside my comp. Any good that software? Because I already have GIMP. Do I need that?

jpeg if you are getting started you have to convert raw images in a program on the computer. if you ever need a program to edit images and save them as jpeg from raw i would say that paint shop pro is a pocket book friendly program but works good.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom