What's new

What is the best choice for size of picture?

photo_passion

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have a choice of Small, Medium and Large size of pictures in the cam configuration. By SIZE I mean dimensions of side1 * side2.

If I choose large, in the end they will have to fit in a screen much smaller than they really are...

So if my goal is to have the best quality possible when published in the web or in a computer viewer what should I choose for original pic size?

I suspect that if I should choose large, then I will be able to crop with less loss of quality than if the pic was small already. Am I correct?

If I choose small size, and the image will be put in the screen without being forced to fit too much into a smaller area do I gain quality?

Thanks in advance,
 
Last edited:
I suspect that if I should choose large, then I will be able to crop with less loss of quality and if the pic was small already. Am I correct?
yep
shoot largest possible and shrink it in processing,
 
If you are only going to show the images on the web or a computer screen, then you probably don't need the large size...however, using the large size gives you more options. More info for cropping etc. And if you ever want to print a photo, you'll be glad to have it in large size.
 
I don't think I've ever seen that before. I've seen a variable quality setting like normal, fine, super or whatever which makes a smaller to larger file size, but not one which physically makes the image dimensions smaller. What's the purpose?

Memory cards are practically free now, shoot in the best quality possible and then edit it to what you need.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom