Munembo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to purchase an external hard drive that has an SD card reader.
I think I found three but wasn't sure which one was the best for reliability, durability, compatibility, wireless, and speed. Or, if there were any others I should consider.

These are what I found:
GNARBOX 2.0 Rugged SSD
WD My Passport Wireless Pro
LaCie Rugged RAID Pro

My equipment:
MacBook Pro
Windows PC
Android Phone
Canon 5D Mark IV

Thank you very much!
~M

I think I found three but wasn't sure which one was the best for reliability, durability, compatibility, wireless, and speed. Or, if there were any others I should consider.

These are what I found:
GNARBOX 2.0 Rugged SSD
WD My Passport Wireless Pro
LaCie Rugged RAID Pro

My equipment:
MacBook Pro
Windows PC
Android Phone
Canon 5D Mark IV

Thank you very much!
~M
Google...

Of those 3 WD is what I'd chose. Never had the Gnarbox brand, but the LeCie was a piece of junk for me. WD brands have had almost no issues with, I think once in 20 years of using external WD drives.

What exactly is your end game??? Are you trying to backup an SD card direct to a hard drive without a computer???? What size drive? Unless I'm missing something the biggest GNARBOX 2.0 I saw is 1 TB, but it looks to offer the most friendly interface for uploading in the field without a computer. I've used WD over the years and never had a problem, but the ones I've had aren't really what you'd call rugged. Know nothing about the LaCie other than they've been around awhile, think they have some larger capacity drives but maybe not the same ease of use in the field as the GNARBOX. If the WIFI option of the GNARBOX would connect to your camera WIFI to upload image files that would be cool.

Last edited:
Like others I use WD but I would not use a combination external hard drive so card reader. Just asking for problems in my mind

Had problems in the past with LaCie external drives and so will not go near them now.

WD has a good reputation generally, have a pair in my NAS currently which replaced a previous pair that were replaced not due to fault just pre-emptive due to age.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back