What is the best way to mail prints?

IconicPhotosUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

I am looking to send prints in the mail, they are currently mounted against a white matt and placed in a clear bag. Now I am slightly worried about the being bent in the mail etc so I was wondering if anyone could suggest good sturdy packaging methods that will help prevent the print from being bent.

Thanks
Oliver

Cover the matted print with a thin (1/16") sheet of plastic so the plastic bag doesn't scratch the print.

Tape the bagged, matted print to a sheet of corrugated cardboard that just fits inside a corrugated cardboard box of the appropriate size and depth (about 1.75") for shipping.

If you want added protection, add a second sheet of corrugated cardboard on top and tape the 2 cardboard sheets together with a single piece of tape in the middle of each side.

Thanks for the advice, I may go down the box route to help protect the print.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have plastic bags that are designed for each size of print, then I sandwich the bagged print between 1-ply corrugated cardboard pieces sized for the print. Tape it up and ship in a properly sized envelope or box.

You can stick all similarly sized prints together in one plastic bag.

EDIT: I just read the other posts and saw Keith said pretty much exactly the same thing. Apologies.

I have had success with placing the matted print in a clear bag, putting a piece of cardboard over the tope, then slipping it into a collapsed box of the right size. Just saves using any additional packing material. Tape the sides shut and havnt ever had any damage.

Thanks for all the advice. Some interesting ideas that I can try, just need to sell some now :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back