What is the oldest software on your computer?

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
I am still using MS Office 97!!! I never saw a need to upgrade since all I use is MS word. Also, I get to use Power point! Now they've separated Power Point and it costs just as much as the Office package itself!

Chase said:
Noooooooooo, 3.1 needs to die and go away and be nothing more than a scary page in a history book! :shock:

That's what I keep telling him. He refuses to let it die. Oh... and he swears he has no need for the internet. :LOL: Maybe I should remind him of that next time he calls asking for me to look something up for him. :lmao:

Until recently, I was running Windows 98 with Office 97 here at work. I though it was great because I had full control of my machine. Now I'm running Windows 2000 professional and I have to get administrator permission to wipe my butt. :(

I did just get Autocad 2005 Mechanical...some very new and very expensive software. :D

My computer at home is pretty out of date...only 300 MGhtz...and only 32 Megs or Ram :shock:

Anyone have any RAM to donate? :D ;)

Big Mike said:
I though it was great because I had full control of my machine. Now I'm running Windows 2000 professional and I have to get administrator permission to wipe my butt. :(

God I love being an admin sometimes... :twisted:

my soft is quite new but my comp is sloooow... :) only 550 MHz lol...

Rummaging through a pile of old CD's yesterday I ran across and installed "Monty Python's Complete Waste Of Time"!
It's copyrighted 1994, which is about the time I bought it, and it's still fun!

Chase said:
Big Mike said:
I though it was great because I had full control of my machine. Now I'm running Windows 2000 professional and I have to get administrator permission to wipe my butt. :(

God I love being an admin sometimes... :twisted:

Particularly the butt wiping?

Still running Address Book for DOS. We've got a few thousand addresses in it for our Christmas sale mailing list and never figured out how to get them into a more modern program. I think it's been around on my computers since about 1984 or 85.

If I knew how to convert them to a program I could use I probably would. My problem is I don't have the time nor the inclination to tackle the job....

I still play a lot of old Sierra games from the late 80s early 90s with the use of a custom DOS emulator for XP. Quest For Glory was one of my favorite games growing up, and every now and then I get an itch to play it again.

I also have some 5 1/4" floppy discs with Wheel of Fortune and other misc titles.

I have or had a NES (Nintendo) emulator with a bunch of NES games. Those are some old games.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back